Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Conforti ordered

Discussion in 'E46 (1999-2006)' started by Lionelski, Apr 2, 2008.

Lionelski

Well,
    Just ordered a Conforti Shark injector and cold air intake for my 2001 325 convertible.

Can't wait for the install.:rolleyes:

Can anyone report on results with these 2 mods?
    Thanks

330indy1

we look forward to your report

let us know if the butt-dyno measures more power
    ;)

M3ME guest

Thinking about the same for my 00 328

Lionelski,

I'm not sure of your results but according to Turner Motorsport for my engine,

"With the Shark Injector and this intake, gains were 17 hp / +8 ft-lbs torque at peak (with a big torque gain in the mid-range)"

I would gues you could expect around the same?

I was thinking about these same two mods. Let me know what you think and how it works out for you.

Zach

snikwad guest

i have this on my 328 and i love it, never did a before and after tho, the 7k redline is an overkill, there's nothing past 6400rpm. but i still hit the limiter on accident occasionally.
    i also have a ECIS intake and RE pulleys

Lionelski

Conforti review

OK, here is my report as promised.

Had the Turner/Conforti Shark Injector and Conforti Cold Air Intake installed in my 2001 325convertible today

Only drove the car about 25 miles since installed (I was told 60 miles or so to get the full effect of the Shark) but I noticed a small power improvement/slightly better throttle response anyway. Don't know if due to the CAI or the Shark.

The Conforti CAI looks and sounds cool (no whistling).

At this point not sure if worth the money, $758 for the Shark and CAI, $275 for the installs.
    John ('Ski) Warren
    (I buy Post and Pre-war Lionel trains!)

snikwad guest

Ah... U know u could have done it yourself for free right. Takes like 30mins - 1hr to do an intake and depending on if its a actually chip or reflash for your car, like 30 second to do the shark.

Once its adjusted you'll be loving it. I love mine. Love it love it love it. But then again, your engine isn't the most responsive to bolt ons. Do pulleys next.

Lionelski

Yeah, I could have done it myself. It took the professionals 20 minutes for the Shark download and an hour and a half for the CAI - I'm sure it would have taken me longer, time is something I don't have right now.

As some time went on I noticed a clear improvement in performance from the Shark and CAI.

I had a Superchip done professionally on my Mustang, and I'm glad I did; somehow there was a spark and it blew the ECU. The shop replaced it at no cost to me..

rcryder325 guest

Lionelski- why did you spend so much money on the shark injector???
    mine was $350, and took me 15 mins to do, you just plug into socket under steering wheel.
    sounds like somebody got taken for a ride....as for intake, took another 10-15mins.

As for the original post... great results, feels like a different car. my friends who have bone stock 325's say it makes theirs feel like slugs. I have had it on for a year so I couldn't remember what the stock felt like. and when I drove my friends I remember why I did it.

The injector makes it a lil better but throw on an intake with a good heat shield and it takes on a new form. I love it. and make sure your heat shield actually does something, my first one was a plastic compound and didn't do a damn thing. my new one is very lightweight steel and the intake and surrounding area inside the shield are cool to the touch after an hour of driving while outside is hot as hell.
    [IMG][/IMG]

rcryder325 guest

get it!
    the shark injector really gives the car a better feel and response. add an intake and its a new car.
    my friends with stock 3's can't believe the difference. when I drove theirs after having mine set up w/injector and intake for a year, i was surprised at how sluggish they feel without the mods.
    injector takes 15mins and you only have to plug in and press a button, and intake took me 10-15mins to take out factory and install new one
    [IMG]

snikwad guest

nice heat shield setup. what intake is that.

M3ME guest

What he said! /\

Lionelski

Total cost for the Shark Injector AND the CAI was $756 including shipping.
    Yeah, I paid $275 for labor but it was done by an experienced shop (RPMNorth) because I just didn't have the time to do it myself, and I wanted to get it done. RPMNorth is only a 1/4 mile from my office and they dropped me off and picked me up.

The more I drive the car with these mods (especially now that I can have the top down with this fantastic spring weather) the happier I am with the throttle response and the sound.
    I would deff do it again if I had to!
    'Ski

rcryder325 guest

its just a random cone filter i had laying around that was new, i took my k&n filter off to clean it and my dog grabbed it when i wasn't looking and chewed it up, and i bought heat shield on ebay.
    so basically it was a home made system, i dropped in the heat shield, then i just attached the cone filter directly to the mass air flow sensor where the original air filter attached. its the same design as some other filters out there i just bought the pieces separately.

Naka

Anyone got a 2004?

I noticed every where I looked they don't make the Conforti Injector for the 2004 330CI.

I don't know why but if anyone can guide me on this I'd appreciate it....

Hate to spend the money for something that won't work for me, especially when the year and model might just be different... I might do more damage than good.

Also thinking about a Cold Air Intake set up... either AFE or K&N

Any comments on either or are there other systems to consider?

Appreciate the help

ppimpinella guest

I'm new to the board but I'm also about to add a cold air intake, either Dinans or Conforti...can't go wrong from what I hear. The AFE also looks very good. Stay away from the K&N as their heat shields apparently do not work very well. I'm also going to install the conforti shark injector first. I'm excited to see the difference. Just my thoughts.

Naka

Got a reply from Landshark Automotive [info@landsharkautomotive.com]...

"I don't think there's Shark Injector for your particular engine just yet. Stay tuned, they're working on it."

yeah, didn't want to order something that 'might' work and have it screw up the rest of the OBD functions.... guess I will wait then.

bradley01 guest

Sure there is! Turner has it. Here it is.

Also, here is the dyno data.

IMO, I cant see spending the $370 on a 3HP gain and <2 ft. lbs of torque! Boooooooo expensive shark injector! Hooray beer! :D

Naka

Yeah I saw that before... but it's a good thing that I went directly to the company that makes the injector and asked them.

They said they are working on an injector for the 2004 330CI; thus if you only got 3HP go figure why. That is the wrong injector for your car. That is why I didn't order it.

bradley01 guest

So, what Turner has listed for the 330 is not correct? Hmmmmmm....someone should let them know

Naka

Well... one could assume (not a good thing) that if they had a correct version it would produce about the same results that the other models do. point is - the answer i got from the manufacturer was they are working on that model.... you can ask them yourself. I was just trying to find a correct one for my 2004 330CI. I can wait and not in a rush to spend more than i have to...:D