Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

The Phillies are in the World Series!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by drummerfc, Oct 23, 2009.

drummerfc

Don't know or care about what Mitch the "Wild Thing" Williams has to say...but I say CONGRATS Yanks fans, ya earned it!! :rolleyes: Big Props...

Enjoy the title - it's really fun walking around with the shirts and driving around with the window stickers declaring your team WORLD CHAMPS. Hopefully there'll be a rematch next year...:D !! WE'LL BE BAAAACK!!!

drummerfc

Nope, still hatin'...

:cool:

Autohaus guest

This just in. The Yankees have traded Kei Igawa to the Phillies for Cliff Lee. It might be difficult for the Phillies to make it 3 yrs straight into the WS. Really, it was a good WS. The Phillies just needed more timely hits this time around. If the Mets do end up getting another pitcher and a bat or two, then they will compete with the Phillies for first place for the '10 season. However, knowing the Mets they will get injured and the clown of a manager Jerry Manuel will just keep on saying "ahhh, oh, um, yeeahhhh.....". I'm looking forward to spring training as my Giants might lay an egg for the rest of the NFL season :(

drummerfc

WHOO????? ;)

The "Mutts" ain't got the "coliones" - buncha little girls. No way they compete for ANYTHING. The Braves surpassed them this year. And to coin a phrase, the Phillies are the Mets' DADDY! :p

Who'da thunkit that out of the 2 Managing Manuels, that the PHILS would have the smarter, better, savvier one?!?!?!? Especially after hearing them both speak.

Boy, the Giants' worm has certainly turned, eh?? Very surprising...they went from one of the top 5 teams in the NFL to 3 really ugly losses in a row - all in-conference. :confused: Very strange...wassup with THAT?? Still a long way (and one Donovan McNabb injury) to go before declaring the Jints dead.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

What the. . .

Okay. . . so with their 27th championship nailed down, those Yakee Boys can be retired from conversation for at least six months.

What's our next topic, bass fishing?!

az3579

I fear I'm gonna need therapy by the end of the month from all this sports talk around work....

drummerfc

What's a "Yakee" boy? Besides only one of us is a "Yakee" boy and the other is a "Philee" boy. ;)

Yes, we're mercifully done!! :D

Autohaus guest

Sumo slap wrestling :eek:
    • Staff

steven s

To quote
    This Bronx boy likes it. :)

Autohaus guest

J Rollins needs to pipe down. He claims, "We were still the better team".

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I could argue that the 2003 Yankees were better than the 2003 Marlins and that the Yankees should have beaten the Marlins in that WS. However, the Marlins got hot at the right time and ran into a hot pitcher (Beckett). Also, lets remember the Marlins were a dead team mid season when they fired the manager. I was living in FL for the 2nd half of the 03 season and I went to a few Marlin games. The stadium had only about 8K fans! Then everyone jumped on the bandwagon when they were in the WS and claimed that they knew they were good all along. Please.

If the Phillies were the better team then how come the bullpen couldn't get anyone on the Yankees out?

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Oh, no! The Phillies are back!

Jesus Palaminos: They got Halladay! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Now let's see what the Angels are up to. . . .

drummerfc

Yeah, Happy freakin' Halliday...but THIS Phils fan is glad we got 'im but I'm not all that happy. We gave up our top pitching prospect AND our top outfield prospect AND lost Cliff Lee in the process!! :mad:

Halliday is better than Lee but not THAT much better. WTF?!?!? :confused::confused:

Call me a greedy baaastahd...I wanted Lee AND Halliday in Phils unis. Heck...if the "Yakees" can do it why can't we??? ;) Philly ain't no small market and we probably have another 2-3 year window to get back to the big dance.

Autohaus guest

Well the Angels did sign Hideki Matsui to a one year deal which means Vlad's days in a Angels uniform are done. No more Chone Figgins or Lackey for you guys. As for the Phillies, getting Roy and shipping out Lee to Seattle only gives Philly 3 or 4 more games per season. Roy is a A+ type pitcher, where Cliff Lee is a B+ type of pitcher.

drummerfc

Matsui...GRRRR!!!

:p

Actually if the Phils were in the American League I would love him in a Phillie uni. What a great hitter...he had an amazing WS.

I was licking my chops at the thought of our starting rotation for next year possibly being Halliday/Lee/Hamels/JA Happ/Blanton...WOW :D! Then I heard the first rumours on Sunday about this whole 3-team debacle with Lee leaving. Honestly I feel a little disappointed...not that we have Halliday, mind you...but that we couldn't be "gluttonous" for one year and just go for it with both guys.