Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Hotel Reservations

Discussion in 'Oktoberfest 2010' started by steven s, Oct 15, 2009.

• Staff

steven s

[IMG]

Osthoff Resort
    101 Osthoff Ave
    Elkhart Lake, WI 53020
    (920) 876-3366
    (800) 876-3399

Group rates
    Woodland Room $113
    Lakeside Room $118
    Lakeside Superior Room $124
    1 Bedroom Woodland Suite $127
    1 Bedroom Woodland Deluxe Suite $138
    1 Bedroom Lakeside Suite $143
    2 Bedroom Woodland Suite $154
    1 Bedroom Lakeside Deluxe Suite $160
    2 Bedroom Lakeside Suite $171
    Plus 10% tax

The group rate(s) will be available 3 days prior and 3 days post the contracted dates.
    Individual Reservations: Each individual guest must make their own reservation by calling 1-800-876-3399 by June 22, 2010.

After this date, rooms not covered by a rooming list or individual reservations, shall be released from Group's room block and resort may contract with other parties for the use of such rooms. Resort will continue to accept reservations from Group's attendees after that date at the prevailing room rate, subject to availability.

http://www.osthoff.com

dolenski

Steven -
    Your posting indicates that the group rate is available for up to 3 days prior to O'Fest, but when I contacted the resort to make my reservation, they said that that is no longer the case. Because of the race date moving to the weekend prior to O'Fest (which many of us were hoping for), they are no longer offering the group rate for the weekend prior to O'Fest.

I was told that the room I wanted would be $298 per night, instead of the $138 BMW group rate and that I needed to book the room starting Thursday night per their policy for race weekends.

This was too expensive for me, so I just booked the O'Fest nights. We'll have to find some other place to stay if we go up early for the race.

Any chance of getting them to change their minds?

Regards,
    Eve

CRKrieger

I live 20 miles from Elkhart Lake and I can offer this:

Race weekends are always a problem. Elkhart Lake has only Siebkens and Osthoff and they make most of their money for the year from race weekends and from being the accommodations closest to the track. So, no, they're not going to be cheap and it's quite likely they won't give us a break. (If they do, thank Steven, Linda, and anyone else who gets in on the requisite arm-twisting.)

The next nearest towns are Plymouth (about 5 miles south) and Kiel (~5 miles north). You might find places to stay there at more reasonable rates since many race teams & traveling fans don't know to look there. Beyond that, you're looking at a 20-25 mile drive from Sheboygan (east), Fond du Lac (west), or Manitowoc (northeast, where I live & work). Within that area, there are several AmericInns, a Super 8 or three, some other budget motels, and a good selection of mid-range motels. You should be able to find something more in line with what you want to pay, especially if you do it right away because I am not certain whether all of them know about the race weekend yet. None of those drives is particularly difficult since there's not much but farmland in between. I would tend to avoid being on the opposite side of any of the cities (that means lakefront in Manitowoc & Sheboygan; northwest part of FdL) so you don't have to drive through them because each can add about 10-15 minutes to your drive time simply by being slow.
    • Staff

steven s

Not me. I'm just the one that sends out all the emails.

I'll have a word on this hopefully Monday.

mdemange

Please confirm which days will have driving schools at Road America. This will allow me to book my arrival and departure days. I assume thet it will be similar to this year with 5 driving school days - Wednesday through Sunday. Can you confirm?

Thanks!
    • Staff

steven s

Yes. Similar format.

auto_x_addict guest

Osthoff Resort

Just got off the phone with Resort and there is only 2 one bedroom suites left. According to them they are not planning on making anymore blocks of rooms at discounted rates available for BMW CCA.

auto_x_addict guest

Any news on additional places to stay or additional blocks of rooms being added at the Osthoff for 2010 'Fest?

CRKrieger

Doing a search turns up one or two small places I didn't know about. Obviously, there's Siebkins and Victorian Village is right there, too. I know nothing about Christi's Inn or Eastlake B&B. Next, you'll find the AmericInn and a new Baymont Inn at Plymouth, which is not a bad choice, about 5 miles southeast of the track. The one you may not find might be the best. Tauschek's Bed & Breakfast is about a half mile north of the track's main gate less than a half mile east of Racetrack Road on Garton Road. It is less than 5 years old and looks to be a good quality place (I have no affiliation, nor have I stayed there.). Yes, it is closer to all the events - except the concours - than even the Osthoff. I would check them out.

After that, you're looking at places 20-25 miles away in Sheboygan, beginning with the American Club in Kohler, about 18 miles east. But if you want a room there, you're not shopping price. Sheboygan/Sheboygan Falls/Kohler has a wide selection of lodging from the aforementioned American Club to low priced places to Blue Harbor (if you want to dump the kids at a water park onsite with a great view of Lake Michigan at the Sheboygan harbor).

auto_x_addict guest

Wow, very thorough Mr. Kreiger and helpful as well. I will check these sites out this week and report back.

mclemens

Hotels for OFest

There should be BMW CCA group rates setup for both Siebkens in Elkhart Lake and Baymont in Plymouth.

Mike Clemens
    Badger Bimmers driving events coordinator
    • Staff

steven s

dhc3 guest

Across the street from Siebkens is the Victorian Village, great resort, comparable prices, great Tiki Bar on the lake, they have nice rooms as well as condos. I have stayed there many times.
    dhc3

jlwsbw

I am going to be driving in from st louis, stopping to pick up my cousin in chicago, then coming up for 1 day of activities. can anyone recommend what to attend and what day that event may be?

CRKrieger

WAAAAY too open-ended. What do you like to see? Racing? Autocross? Rally? Concours? General silliness and excessive consumption of malt beverages? We got all that.

jlwsbw

I would like to see the concours, and possibly do a driving course if at all possible. really my best option is for a thurs fri or sat...and would also like to just meet some of these folks out there i've been communicating with on forums over the yrs

Snunker guest

Siebkens Resort is full except for $239 2 bedroom condos

Just called Siebkens Resort and the only rooms left are the two bedroom condos @ 239 a night.

Thanks,
    Dale Olson