Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Where do I get M double spoke wheels?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by rbindc, Oct 6, 2009.

rbindc

I want to replace the stock wheels on a 2007 335 coupe (or on a new 2010 model - I haven't decided between buying new or BMW certified pre-owned) with the M-style double spoke wheels. But finding a set is confusing. Some of the earlier M3s had 18x8s on the front and 18x9s on the back. Can I use these on a 2007 335 coupe?

Secondly, are the OEM wheels forged? From the comments about people bending their wheels by hitting potholes I want to avoid buying aftermarket wheels that are not up to the OEM M3 quality.

Finally, what are some of the best places to buy either OEM wheels or high quality copies?

CRKrieger

Ebay, Craigslist (used) or Tire Rack (new).

pseto

plenty of OEM for sale on e90post.com

Dmarque

Thanks for the suggestion. Can you be more specific. Not really familiar with this site and much of the site is written in "german".

Thanks!

Dmarque

John in VA

Dmarque

LifeLiquid guest

E46 M3 wheels (18" or 19")
    18's are cast, 19's are forged
    they weigh within .5 lbs

Front Wheels: 18" x 8" -- Bolt Pattern = 5x120mm. Offset = ET47
    Rear Wheels: 18" x 9" -- Bolt Pattern = 5x120mm. Offset = ET26

Front Wheels: 19" x 8" Offset = ET41
    Rear Wheels: 19" x 9.5" Offset = ET27

18's will fit on the 335's (front is going to be towards the inside and not flush...spacers can help)
    19's - you will need to roll the fenders on the rears to avoid rubbing

Info is what I found searching the net so please don't quote me on it. If you do go with 18's, I have a set of 4 lying around that I'm selling.

Hope this helps.

Best regards.

CRKrieger

So you'd rather bend a better quality wheel?

Do not think for a second that that provides you with any significant protection against bent wheels. It is much more a matter of what you hit than what you hit it with. Almost every pothole hit that bends a 'cheap' wheel will also bend a good one. Larger wheels and lower profile tires present a greater danger of wheel damage, and you don't get very far away from those simple physical facts by using a better wheel.