Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Raffle results?

Discussion in 'Oktoberfest 2009' started by olsen185, Oct 5, 2009.

olsen185 guest

Where are the results from the "Car of Your Dreams" raffle? Are they posted online anywhere? I thought the final drawing was on 10-02-09, or am I wrong?:confused:

mcdonaldb guest

I never received any raffle tickets or postcard, not sure if i was suppose too?

jazzmanq guest

I have been looking all over the site, there does not seem to be any information about winning ticket numbers or anything?

I assume they were/are busy, but the lack of info is almost disturbing :confused:

330indy1

Funny... this happens every year. They are in the process of contacting all the winners first.... then they will post. It takes a bit of time.
    • Staff

executive director

Raffle Results

All,

Please know that we intend to announce the winners as soon as possible. Every winner but one has received notification. Phone and e mail messages have been left for this winner and we hope to hear back by tomorrow at the latest.

There were six total cars given away this year and one partial prize. The partial prize was approximately $17,000.00.

Frank

olsen185 guest

Last year the raffle date was well documented. The tickets were pulled on video and the whole process was shown online. This year the only thing mentioned was the entry deadline date and there seems to be no information. I don't mind supporting BMW CCA, especially when there is a chance to win a new car, but the whole process needs to be much more open.
    • Staff

executive director

Last year...

You know I thought we did a pretty good job last year too by video taping the drawing and putting it on line. That said would you believe we were fairly well blasted for doing it that way and not drawing the tickets live at Oktoberfest. Because there was such a back lash to the way we drew tickets last year we reverted to the old method of drawing tickets at Ofest.

During each night of Oktoberfest we drew tickets for the raffle. Each drawing was done live in front of several hundred witnesses. Before leaving for Ofest an article about the Raffle results was posted on the Ofest website. Follow this link and you can read what it. http://bmwcca.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5975.

Frank

mcdonaldb guest

Thanks for the update frank, i guess the only thing i would say is for things to be more clear on the actual tickets being sent out, i never received anything and didn't even know if i got in the raffle or not except for a charge on my credit card. I would be happy with an email that has the ticket numbers listed, wouldn't have to be US mail.
    • Staff

executive director

Ticket Confirmation

I am very sorry that you did not receive your ticket confirmation. We mailed everyone postcards with their raffle numbers. If you are interested we can still supply you with your numbers. (I know kinda late now...)

Frank

mcdonaldb guest

Well, since i haven't received email or phone call i am assuming i didn't win, so don't worry about it.

cconover guest

Same for me.
    • Staff

steven s

I never heard my name called even when I could buy tickets. :mad:

olsen185 guest

Hopefully for next year you can find a way to further include those of us that were unable to attend Oktoberfest. Every year I get excited for the drawing but it kind of sucks not knowing the outcome of the raffle or if the raffle even happened. I think for next year you should look into the possibility of a web cam or video the event like last year. This will include everyone and may increase raffle ticket sales to the more skeptical members. I think the live web cam or video will help build excitement for the raffle and include everyone that supported the club by purchasing tickets.

cconover guest

I totally agree. Perhaps a UStream.tv broadcast would be possible.
    • Staff

steven s

I looked into various sites last year. It is very expensive to do it right.
    For live streaming you need a lot of bandwidth or an uplink to a satellite.

cconover guest

I don't know what kind of cell signal is available there, but sites like UStream can work really well with even a wireless broadband connection. They provide the bandwidth on their end for the masses, you just have to make a single connection to them to provide the video.
    • Staff

steven s

Maybe we can look into it in the future.

fergusonjr

Just in case I'm the one winner who hasn't yet received notification, I hereby accept the prize! ;-)

91e34m5

There's a simple solution to this problem....Just attend O'Fest and witness the drawing. Like myself and all the other attendees. You better believe I wanted to be there to hear my name called.

damien_ro guest

thanks dude, the anticipation was killing me:D at least I can look forward to getting another 10 tickets next year. I'm going to try and recruit a little harder as well. see if I can't get 10 friends to buy 10 tickets, hahahaha