Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

TSD Questions

Discussion in 'Oktoberfest 2009' started by MadForRoad, Sep 27, 2009.

MadForRoad

Just a few questions from a first-timer.

Since I am one of those on the waitlist..how does that work. Will we get to compete ?

If so will waitlisted folks be the last group to compete/participate - with work commitments I will not be able to arrive until that morning so I will unfortunately

Will a time sheet be made available via e-mail/online in advance ?

Will location of start instructions be available online ? ( I will be driving from 2 hours south of Lake Lanier area.)

What kind of approximate time will it take to complete rally?

Thanks to all for what you are doing to put Octoberfest together.

Regards,

Ken Leyne

MGarrison

Maybe one of those running the rally can give you a more definitive reply, but I'll respond with a few guesses -

Whether you get in probably depends on whether 75 teams both sign up for a start time _and_ participate in the rally. Typically, the sign-up sheet for out times is made available at a certain time a day or two before the rally somewhere at the event, so I don't suspect it will be done online, based on what they've done before. That poses a problem if you can't get a start time. There's also typically an orientation meeting the day before - especially as a first timer, you may be at a bit of a disadvantage about rally-specific issues if you miss the meeting, (which is sometime Tuesday according to the schedule). They usually explain the starting locale at the meeting. As I understand it from the website, the rally is meant to run through the morning and possibly early afternoon, and get participants to Spartanburg in time to have lunch, a factory tour if so desired, and the gymkhana.

I recommend you get in touch with an O'fest organizer (or the national office) to find out how to get in touch with the rally organizer, and if you talk with him, he probably would be able to tell you how likely you are to get in and what may be done to facilitate a Wed. a.m. arrival. You probably would need to sign in at O'fest registration and pickup your O'fest packet before running the rally, as they may want you to have your O'fest #'s on the car, and you'll probably need to sign liability waivers for both O'fest and the rally before being able to participate in the events. Yeahhh.... definitely, make some calls tomorrow.
    • Staff

steven s

See blue comments below.

MadForRoad

Follow-up

I have been able to get free late Tue evening. What will I need to do and in what order ie Register at Road Atlanta..how late Tue is registration available and how late can someone sign me in for the TSD Rally on Tue (that will be at Lake Lanier Lodge correct) . Is it possible to get a phone number of somebody if I need to call with questions. Sorry for last minute but I have a lot going on and have been unable to tie things down before now as a result.

MGarrison

Schedule specifics are on the Oktoberfest website homepage here - http://www.bmwccaofest.org/download.php?f=8551444f779628b0be6ff37473e94140&target=0

Registration is going 'til 6 according to that - (I would guess that if you get there before 8, maybe 9, it might be possible to find someone who can get you signed in and your registration packet in hand - just a guess tho). Someone from the national office may have somebody for you to contact.

If it helps any, I'll pm you my cell, but I'll be lucky to get there before the day's out myself. Would be good if you could get there before the TSD rally meeting, 7:00. The time-out sign-up sheet is at registration and probably will be until registration closes tomorrow.

Ah - your profile says no pm's or contact via email, so I can't reach you through the forums. Call the national office in the morning...

MadForRoad

Thanks

Thanks thats helpful. I really appreciate your time MGarrison. I will try to touch base with someone tomorrow. If anyone has a phone number that might help I would appreciate them passing it along. I will update my profile to allow pm.

Regards,

Ken