Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Front license plate dilemma

Discussion in 'E39 (1997-2003)' started by csxander, Sep 1, 2009.

Dmarque

Not entirely.....Part of the intention of a plate is still about registering ownership and assigning responsibility for the vehicle.

granthr

A single plate serves that purpose just fine.

Dmarque

As a devoted single plate car guy I would selfishly agree but....State government's intention was to make identification easier for law enforcement.....Seeing the plate coming as well as going was their priority. So I'm guessing that this decision is a "canary in the coal mine" indication as first steps to compromising law enforcement in a weak economy.

John in VA

With the revenue generated by red light cameras in the DC area & speeding tickets in VA I'm surprised any state wants to make it harder to monitor us.

Dmarque

And I suppose that's my point....they don't want to, Nope, after years for forcing citizens to mount a plate on the front and even drill holes in their car bumpers to comply they finally relented. BECAUSE the State's desire to save money offset the convenience and preference of the protesting law enforcers.

BMWtoyz guest

You are 100% right on, I can confirm your answer after over 23 years in law enforcement!

Dmarque

THANK YOU Officer!!
    1 people like this.

BMWtoyz guest

You are very much welcome!