Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Original Parts

Discussion in '114 type 1600, 2002, 2002ti/tii (1967-1976)' started by Rmarini, Aug 25, 2009.

Rmarini

I have been picking up parts at the local 02 salvage shop, and I was wondering what some of the better on line places to get original parts are.

CRKrieger

Depends on what you need.

Rmarini

I need an origianl left rear view mirror, the chrome is fine, I just need the mirror

John in VA

Many dealers offer discounts to BMW CCA members, so check around.

If you have the flag-style exterior mirror, the glass is not available separately. New run about $165, so look for used on eBay or the for sale area of bmw2002faq.com: http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewforum/f,6/sid,fe0e7255f9531622a8c96ce5f723505f/

If you have the trapezoidal-shaped mirror, the glass and frame/gasket ARE available individually for $35 and $17.

Maximillian Importing Company is a great source of new parts for older cars, but don't give up on your local parts guys!

CRKrieger

:eek: You mean the white nylon gasket that holds the glass? I remember paying about $3 each for those not too long ago. If the reason the old mirror has no glass is this gasket, then you still won't beat that price and you do need the part so your glass doesn't fall out again. Do you still have the spring (that launches the glass onto the pavement when the gasket gives out) that goes under it?

BMWCCA1

And remember, if you're trying to find the mirror or the frame on RealOEM.com, or other parts fiche sites, it's under Vehicle Trim > Interior equipment, upper! Don't ask me why. :)

Crossbow37

Here are some of the places I've found parts:
    rockauto.com
    bavauto.com
    automotix.net
    bmrparts.com
    RealOEM.com
    Rogerstii.com
    bmpdesign.com
    europartsamerica.com
    linwar.com
    Pelicanparts.com