Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New Owner

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Rick4345, Jul 30, 2009.

Rick4345 guest

Hi,

I am the proud owner of my first BMW. I have a 09 328i sedan in Alpine White. I live in Illinois, out in the country. I bought my car from Isringhausen Imports in Springfield. I feel kind of strange in this new world. I'm used to driving Chevrolets and Fords. I've always wanted a BMW since I can remember. I'm about 7 years away from retiring from my job as a state trooper. This is my retirement present to myself. I look forward to getting involved with the Illini chapter. So far, every BMW owner I have talked to have been extremely helpful and enthusiastic.

granthr

Welcome to the land Blue mit Weiss! Blue on White. :D I think you will find this a great club full of great people. The rag is pretty decent too! :D

mrglock

Welcome to BMW ownership and welcome from Champaign! I am a member of the Illini club however I have not attended any events host by the club, but I plan too. I have visited Isringhausen before and it's a nice dealership. If you ever get tired of them you could check out Twin City BMW in Savoy. The service shop it top notch. Again welcome.

CRKrieger

Looks like you and Mr. Glock need to drag your 'Flatlander' butts up here for Oktoberfest next year. You can warm up by going to Atlanta this year. ;)

mrglock

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Welcome to the asylum!

White, of course, makes the best background for flames. . .

:D

TeamStowell We love driving!

Welcome

Welcome Rick!

While I agree about white serving as a great blank canvas for all kinds of mayhem, you do have to watch out not to confuse them with snow piles in the winter. Two of our three are white.

Make a meeting, go to an event, and have fun!!!

BIMMIR guest

Welcome

I also have an 09 328i mine is AW / beige, stick shift, mine is an "xdrive"
    Is your's an xdrive or rear wheel? The all wheel drive is a tank in the snow.
    It's a great car, you'll love it. My last car was an 06 mustang Gt convertible. I haven't missed it at all.

BMRDRVR

Welcome Rick, but a word of warning: All maintenace costs are covered for 4 years, but BMW won't pay your speeding tickets. Pays to have friends in high places! :) Good luck!

lcjhnsn

I'm not so sure about the flamers, er, I mean flames... [IMG]

but Alpine White is an excellent choice