Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Connecticut Valley Chapter: Was That It?!?!? Fun Rally

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Region' started by lcjhnsn, Jul 28, 2009.

lcjhnsn

Was That It!?!?!?!
    Sunday August 30th, 2009, Fun Rally meandering around the lower CT River Valley.

The adventure will explore some of the scenic and less traveled roads of the lower Connecticut River Valley. You may expect a pleasant leisurely drive with some great natural scenery, regional history and some interesting architecture along the way.

Participants will gather, check in and sign the BMWCCA Insurance Waiver between 1:00 and 1:30. The starting location is the unoccupied portion of the Home Depot plaza behind the Middletown CT Friendly's restaurant, on Route 66. There will be a short drivers meeting at 1:45 and Cars will be sent off incrementally starting at 2:00.

The objective is to correctly answer as many of the provided questions as possible. Questions will be about various features and landmarks along the route, so driver and navigator will have to look sharp to stay on course and find all the answers. The three cars that find the greatest number of correct answers will be awarded gift certificates toward their dinner at the final destination.

It is highly recommended that this event be conducted as a Driver/Navigator pair. A solo driver would be at a substantial disadvantage trying to read the route instructions, search for the required features and record answers to the questions (Botond, this means you!).

The rally is expected to wrap-up around 5:00 at the Blue Oar open air café off of CT Route 154 on the western shore of the CT River in Haddam. The Blue Oar features a casual water's edge atmosphere and excellent food. Please note that the Blue Oar accepts cash or personal checks but does NOT accept credit cards and they are BYOB if you wish to (responsibly) enjoy an alcoholic beverage or 2 with your dinner.

Entry fee is $5 per car to cover prizes. Any excess proceeds will be donated to the Club's primary charity, the ALS Foundation. Registration will be limited to the first 20 cars. Please email your RSVP to LJohnson@CTValley.org, or call 860-537-1715. Thank you and I'm looking forward to seeing you on the last Sunday of August!

lcjhnsn

btw... this is 100% my own creation! I think everyone will have a good time.

az3579

Why do you have to single me out? Tryin' to make me feel bad?

Anyone want to ride with me? :(

lcjhnsn

I'm just sayin'... [IMG]

az3579

Well if CHRIS doesn't go to this I don't have a navigator.
    Not like he would want to be a passenger anyway, so that would be another problem. lol

And that I'm willing to go to BEACON any time yet he has never come to a CT event (The DANBURY one doesn't count, doofus! - right along the border)

lcjhnsn

don't be a hater!

TeamStowell We love driving!

Verrrry interesting!

Sounds like a great event Lance. I will get it broadcast out to the Patroon Chapter and see if we can get a bunch of Patroonies to drive down for the festivities.

lcjhnsn

Did a final pre-drive today (in the rain), made a few final optimizations to the route instructions and now have printed copies for everybody.

The weather is supposed to be much improved tomorrow.

So, my fingers are crossed that my first production event goes well.

az3579

I can't wait. I'm bored!
    And, I have a navigator to boot! :D

TeamStowell We love driving!

I'm just sayin'

You better be wearing a protective driving suit because Team Stowell (USA) Greppo (ITA) is bringing the shark out for this event. :eek:

Better not be blood in the water.....

az3579

I wonder if my car is like blood; if that's the case, I better drive fast so the shark won't eat me. :p