Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Connecticut Valley Chapter Tour to Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome Aug 9th

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Region' started by lcjhnsn, Jul 26, 2009.

lcjhnsn

The CVC chapter will be running a tour to the Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome in Rhinebeck, New York on August 9th to see their Sunday air show. This is the 50th season for the air show, which includes one of the finest flying collections of historic aircraft in the world.

The tour will start at the Starbucks/Trader Joe's parking lot in Danbury, CT. Plan on arriving at the lot before 10:45AM so we'll be ready to leave at 11:00. The tour will use a combination of state and local roads and should take about 1 ½ hours to drive. The show doesn't actually start until 2:00 PM so there'll be time for an informal picnic lunch at the facility. Bring your own lunch since there isn't any food available at the aerodrome.

There is no charge for the tour but the show at the Aerodrome is $20 dollars for adults and $15 for teens & seniors older then 65.

For more information you can go to their website at www.oldrhinebeck.org

Directions: Take I-84 to Exit 2 in Danbury and follow the signs to Rtes 6 & 202 and Mill Plain Road. We'll be in the parking lot for the Starbucks/Trader Joe's at the traffic light. The address for Trader Joe's is 113 Mill Plain Rd., Danbury, CT 06811. GPS coordinates are: N41° 23.528 and W73° 31.220 for those who are so enabled. This is the same gathering location used for last October's Monticello Motorsport Park trip.

Feel free to contact Willy Wiley, with any questions by email in advance of the event at wwiley@ctvalley.org. Since the event is weather permitting and if it looks iffy you can call Willy the morning of the event at home at 203-426-9208. If it's after 10:15 try 203-627-3088.

Autohaus guest

Lance, count me in.

lcjhnsn

Chris, send a message to Willy Wiley, president@ctvalley.org , he is organizing this one.

lcjhnsn

srobmw guest

I may toss my hat into the ring.

lcjhnsn

Although I haven't yet seen the exact route being planned, there are some awesome roads once you cross the CT line into NY. Catskill country!

It sounds like there will be some extra time between the anticipated arrival and the start of the air show. BUT... there is a group discount if we all enter the facility together.

TeamStowell We love driving!

Sounds great! Any word on an updated car count?

lcjhnsn

Scott,

Our Chapter President, Willy Wiley is organizing this one. I haven't heard how much interest there has been. I'll shoot him an email to see how many he's got signed up.

But this one has no participation limit like the Rally.

Autohaus guest

Don't think I can make it now :(

srobmw guest

Baaaahhhh!:mad:

lcjhnsn

Indeed!!!!!

Bo, what's up with you? In?

az3579

No. I have to figure out how on earth I'm going to get this spare wheel painted so I can deliver it to Steve in Massachusetts on Sunday. I've rescheduled too many times...

srobmw guest

I reiterate my earlier comment:

Baaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!:mad:

lcjhnsn

srobmw guest

I think I'm definitely in. See ya Sunday.:D

lcjhnsn

Cool! See you there. Do you have the new ride?

Hopefully the weather will cooperate both for the drive as well as the relatively fragile 100 year old airplanes

srobmw guest

Absolutely. Got my tints today and going for the break-in servicing tomorrow.

Tint link: http://s474.photobucket.com/albums/rr110/srobmw/m3tints/

Sorry, some of the pics are a little shady.

az3579

I <3 your car, Steve.

srobmw guest

As I've always said, you have exceptionally good taste.

Still a no show for Sunday?

az3579

Looks like it. I'll be in Massachusetts most of Sunday morning, and the drive starts just a tad too soon for me to arrive on time if I was to come right back after arriving.

If the drive to the aerodome was a couple of hours later, then I would definitely be able to go, but that's just not gonna happen.