Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Rules and Forms

Discussion in 'Oktoberfest 2009' started by mikeura, Jul 7, 2009.

mikeura

Is there a place to download the rules and forms for the various events?
    • Staff

steven s

The complete rules and guidelines will be distributed in your registration packet.

Concours and Autocross have the rules on the website.
    Is there another event you are looking for?

mikeura

Steve,

Thaks. When I click on the links, all I see are the descriptions, don't see a link to downloard the rules. Looking for Concours Rules (I have previous years rules, but always best to get latest), Driving School/Autocross rules, specifically the tech inspection form.

Maybe I'm just missing it
    • Staff

steven s

There is no link to download them until final.
    But there is a printer friendly option. Look towards the bottom right of the page.

Need to check if an autocross tech form is required. I don't think so.

mikeura

OK.

It would be good if the Tech Inspection form for the driving school is posted as that's an activitiy that needs to occur prior to arrival.
    • Staff

steven s

Like here? ;)
    http://www.bmwccaofest.org/Road-Atlanta.phtml

Edit: Tech form is not required for autocross. Just the normal grid tech will be performed onsite.

jrgaston guest

PDF are damaged

I have tried on several attemps to read the .pdf files and get an error messaged that they are damaged. Is anyone else having this problem?
    • Staff

steven s

All or one in particular?

jrgaston guest

PDF damaged

I have tried all the .pdf files, but I just tired TechformV1.pdf and received the following message using Acrobat 5.0

"There was an error opening this document. The file is damaged and could not be repaired"

I was able to open other PDF files on my computer and this has happened even after reboot of computer.
    • Staff

steven s

Adobe Reader 5 is 8 years old.

Are you able to download a current version?
    http://get.adobe.com/reader/

dbower

concours judging

Steven: I also am interested in Mike's question -- will we have access to concours judging rules and/or scoresheets before arriving? I wasn't sure how to interpret your comment that they would be available when they are "final." Should we expect that the scoresheets will not be final until we arrive? If scoresheets are available beforehand, will they be posted to the Ofest website? I am happy to pose these questions to Goetz Pfafflin, but I cannot find an email address for him. Thanks in advance.

CRKrieger

WIN98 is also that old. If he is running WIN98, he will not be able to upgrade beyond Adobe Reader 6.0. That said, I have been able to read all new Adobe forms with it on a WIN98 system. His biggest problem may be finding a copy. I suggest looking at older installation CDs for software that includes a .PDF manual. It often includes a contemporary version of Adobe Reader.
    • Staff

steven s

dbower

Steven: any updates regarding these questions?
    • Staff

steven s

Sorry, no. Not yet. I believe we are using the same scoring sheets as in the past. If that is the case, I will post them next week.

luckylingy North Central Region VP

Steve, I tried launching the concours pdf myself and got the same errer (on a current version of Acrobat reader). I retrieved a hard copy of last year's "Competition Rules and Guidelines" and didn't pursue the pdf further. But it sounds like the file may be corrupted.

Mike
    • Staff

steven s

I wasn't able to find last year's rules and regs. :confused:
    Concours rules will be posted in another week or two.

mikeura

Any progress on the rules? Have already worn out 2 tooth brushes and used up a whole box of q-tips. About to place major order with Griots. Gotta make sure I get the right stuff........:)
    • Staff

steven s

We are sooooo close. Really.

I will email everyone a copy once it is complete.

Hi Steven,

I'd like to add my voice to those who are anxious to get the rules and scoring sheets for the Concours.

I can only imagine how crazy everything must be for you as we get down to the final days before Oktoberfest. If you can squeeze in getting this info to us, it would be greatly appreciated. Unlike the driving events, our competition is already well underway.

Thanks for all your hard work in making the event a success.

John Clark
    Penland, NC
    member 3392