Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

M3 Interior

Discussion in 'E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008-2013)' started by lugnut, Mar 28, 2008.

wanesso

interior (just for fun)

you must have looked at a mock up! My interior has beautiful double stitched leather, the nice blue and red "M" stitch colors on the perfectly sized steering wheel, the MOST comfortable seats I've ever sat in and a beautiful dash :D, great sound system and I'm learning to love the iDrive..... if you spend a few hundred thousand on a ferrari you don't even get power windows :rolleyes: :D

az3579

Umm... on about 98% of them do have power windows... and air conditioning, and power steering, and... and... :p

I think he's talking about it not really being all that much different from a regular E9x. Sure, you get the special M elements, but it's still not all that much different; the dash looks exactly the same, the design elements are all exactly the same. For example; if you didn't have that twisted door handle thing in the regular E9x and you did in the M3, it would be easier to tell that you've got something more expensive. If there was no iDrive in regular models but there is in the M3, you'd think the same. Essentially, there's nothing extra in the M3; the quality of the materials is also the same. The only thing that's noticeably different are the sports seats. That is pretty much it.

I guess in this day and age, people expect more from the "sports models". Back in the E30 days, people found it special that the M3 had red needles, and M steering wheel, sports seats, and the lot. But today, it's pretty much just the same thing. Today, people probably yearn for much more when it regards to the interior, in a car that costs almost twice as much as the standard model.

But then again, who cares when you have a screaming 400+hp V8 under the hood. :D

wanesso

still special

yes I know, you're right--but after spending this much money I can see it only through rose colored glasses(hard to do only with the gas mileage...)---plus, the M3--any year--is always an icon---

lugnut guest

The soft carbon trim is unique, and looks great. Imagine if they never clear coated carbon fiber, and left the weave uncovered. It looks really good, especially with my fox red, or the black. I would avoid the gray leather like the plague.

I do wish that the leather was of a higher grade, like what you get in the M5.

Wanesso, what kind of MPG are you getting? I am getting an average of 17mph\g, and when on the highway i am getting 19mpg (cruise set @ 90mph). It is actually only 1mpg lower than what I was getting in my e46 M3.

wanesso

mileage

I've not got over 16.3 mpg---how are you getting 19? I'm still in breakin, have 1100mi, going in for the fluid changes next week--perhaps I'll improve.....please.....I have a 25 mile commute, buying gas 2x per week.
    I notice, however, that the mileage doesn't vary in a logical way with changes in rpm--even flipped into neutral and it says it's using 16.2 mpg.

bimmer5

Top Gear is MUST VIEWING ;)

lugnut guest

To get the 19mpg highway I just use cruise control whenever possible, and leave it in sixth gear. When I accelerate I rarely get over 5k rpm (unless I have a nice open road) in normal every day commuting. When I put the stick into neutral my MPG calc will shoot up (if i reset it, if not, it takes 100s of mils to recalculate). A faster way to see if you are making a differance is by doing the old fashioned math.

CryNoMo guest

if and when I get my e92 M3, I'll be happy to average 16mpg. for that was what I was getting on my e46 M3

Bevanw

OK well on the interior, I've had a string of BMWs (all 3 series, or, in the case of my E93 M3, 3-series based).

The interior quality is better than all other 3 series I have owned (E30, E36, E46, E90, E92, and now, E93 M3). I do have extended Novillo leather, and that is a big reason why. The smell is lovely, the feel is lovely, and the E9x anyway has a very good design. I think it's got a fair dose of scandinavian ascetic.

MGarrison

Good feedback, although the most recent post on this thread before yours is more than 6 years ago, and those who posted haven't been around in 3 or more years, unfortunately. One of the consequences of website and forum revamping. Nice to hear you're enjoying your 'vert M3, extended leather is a nice addition!
    Bevanw likes this.