Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Pedals?

Discussion in '114 type 1600, 2002, 2002ti/tii (1967-1976)' started by Arash2002tii, Jul 2, 2009.

Arash2002tii guest

Anyone know of a set of a bit sturdier and hopefully wider (for gas at least) aftermarket pedals for a 2002? My gas pedal breaks off occasionally when I heel-toe :eek:. Aside from that it's also a bit skinny so I really have to turn my foot to reach it. If you know of any pedals please let me know, if not ill try making my own or something. Thanks!
    • Technical Service Advisor

mooseheadm5

breaks off of what? the floor or the linkage?

Arash2002tii guest

Breaks off of one of the floor pegs which in turn makes it fall off the linkage.

CRKrieger

Then I would say your pedal is broken. I learned to heel-and-toe downshift in my 2002. You DO know this is one of those rare cars where you actually DO use your heel on the accelerator, don't you?
    • Technical Service Advisor

mooseheadm5

Either that or the ball studs are rusted out and worn down. If you fix the issue with a new pedal and maybe have new ball studs installed you should be good to go.

Arash2002tii guest

Yes I do happen to know you have to use the heel since I learned on that car as well. My brake pedal is kind of deep though and I guess some clumsiness in learning over time has caused the gas pedal to break off if I end up hitting the side of it with my heel.