Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Bimmermeet

Discussion in 'Oktoberfest 2009' started by dbower, Jun 22, 2009.

dbower

I apologize if this info is on the web page, but I can't find it. My 2 questions: what is Bimmermeet, and what are the start/end times of the concours? Thanks.

moisef guest

Bump. Actually, I have the same question.

FM
    • Staff

steven s

Sorry, I missed it when originally posted.

BimmerMeet will be a get together of CCA members and locals for a casual car show and meet.

The concours is a whole day event.

I'll post times for both events on Tuesday.

mtechnik

Bimmermeet ?'s

Do I need to register if I only plan on attending Bimmermeet on Sat? Where is parking, and is it in order by model/yr? Or, is it first come first serve? Thanks

This is my first time attending, but unfortunately I can't make it to any of the other events due to my work schedule.
    • Staff

steven s

Additional information will be posted at
    http://www.bmwccaofest.org/BimmerMeet.phtml

We would like for people to register if they are not already attending Ofest during the week.
    There is a link at the bottom of the page listed above.

don stevens guest

How many are registered for Bimmer Meet?

Can you post a list of pre-registrants for the Bimmer Meet?

Will there be vendor displays there?

Thanks in Advance,

Don
    • Staff

steven s

There will be vendors, but not directly where the BimmerMeet will be.
    But they will be at Road Atlanta.

Sorry. I am unable to post the BimmerMeet registrants because they are being signed up in 3 different places.

adrean8j guest

Any updates on how BimmerMeet will be run?

GaAlpinaowner guest

yep unfortunately some of us have to work in this great economy and can not make the Octofest week. I really wanted to enter my Alpina in the Concours Show today, but keeping a job is priority. I would however like to do Bimmermeet. Can we just show up Saturday at Road A to register? Can you give more details to what the event is comprised of? Is it a Car show enviroment or a vendor show or both? Is there a cost for bringing and showing off a car? The link does not give much info detail

CRKrieger

I think you guys are devoting way too much attention to the details here. Steven said it was "casual". Print out that message and take it with you when you show up. That ought to work. Then try to meet and enjoy some of the other people there because I won't be able to ... but I bet some of them are friends of mine.

GaAlpinaowner guest

yea probably best just to show up and see what happens....and hope the weather holds up
    thanks CR

adrean8j guest

Yeah well I have been to many, many a bimmer car meet (in Europe mind you) and its ok to be casual, BUT a little organization does help. Especially if you have car clubs coming. Clubs like to park together so reserving a section is kinda important. If it is gonna be a free-for-all so be it....;)

CRKrieger

Well, that's a problem, too, IMO. I mean, why go to the bother to drive somewhere to see people you see all the time? Park next to someone you don't know and meet them.

GaAlpinaowner guest

Well I don't know many CCA people. I just figured it would be a good time hanging with other Club people and their cars. Any idea how popular this event is? How many cars usually show up to this thing anyway?
    The bad news is that rain is expected Friday and Road Atlanta typically turns into a Red Clay mudpit in the infield. So can someone tell me where this thing happens at the track?
    The pits or the infield? I would assume around Vendor Row but I have no idea.

don stevens guest

C'mon out

Alpina Power and others,

While I don't know where the offical "Bimmermeet" is going to gather on the RA grounds, I encourage you, and any other Bimmer owner, to come on out to the track. There are no gate fees (at least there weren't yesterday) and this is an opportunity to see one of the great BMW events in the country. Even if we get some rain today, the weekend is scheuled to be nice and you don't want to miss this event. If you are worried about red clay getting all over your concours Bimmer, there is plenty of paved parking in the driver's school paddock.

In addition to just the Bimmermeet car show/gathering there is a driver's school and club race going on all day. I was at the track instructing yesterday and believe me, there is plenty to do and see. There are lots of beautiful Bimmers form all over the country, several vendors (HMS Motorsport, UUC, Griots, Speedometer gears, and probably one or two that I have missed) with impressive displays and the BMWCCA foundation has a tent where you can buy various swag as a donation to charity. You can even buy a ride in the "Ring Taxi" M5 sedan in exchange for a tax deductable donation to the CCA foundation. This is no parade lap either. This is a professional driver hauling ***, driving the M5 near it's limit, for two laps around the track with three passengers in the car. If you want to do this though get there early and visit the foundation tent to buy your ticket early. There are limited rides and they sell out fast. Plus as you have read here there is a go kart event up on the top side of the track, etc, etc.

Finally the quality of the club race field, both in terms of the equipment and the driving, is outstanding. I am a 25 year member of the CCA, have been involved in various levels of club racing for 20 years, and I am extremely impressed with what I saw yesterday.

If you are undecided, don't hesitate, c'mon out. You'll be glad you did.

Don

GaAlpinaowner guest

Don sounds like fun I am planning on being there tomorrow:D

Looking forward to meeting some new Bimmer fanatics. I will be in a 1985 Alpina B7 Turbo

adrean8j guest

It was definitely a great day! I brought a buddy of mine out there and he even got to go on the Touring lap! He was thoroughly impressed and is planning on joining the CCA now! All in all one of the best BMW themed events I have been too (and I have been to a lot...mostly in Deutschland though).

GaAlpinaowner guest

It was a lot of fun. The weather was perfect and the track offered more than just a car show. I really enjoyed meeting some new folks also.

David Frankel

gmunguia

Were you parked at the Legacy Lodge hotel on Sunday morning?
    I was lusting over a blue B7 on my way to the track that morning. It was the only B7 I saw @ Oktoberfest!
    Awesome car, a true gem!

GaAlpinaowner guest

No that may have been Anitas blue B10 BiTurbo(E39 Body). She and I parked next to each other Sat at the Bimmermeet at Road Atl.