Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Brake Pads

Discussion in 'E36 (1992-1999)' started by afclanracer, Jun 22, 2009.

afclanracer guest

I am about to need new brake pads for the 323 and I want to order them from the states. I am pretty sure that they are the same for both the European and North American models but wanted to get a concensus from the forum. If I buy them over here (Germany) they are going to run me around $250.00 so I was hoping to get them from Autozone (maybe, bad idea?) Let me know if this is a terrible idea or not.

John in VA

Front pads appear to be the same for Euro & US E36 and E46 (BMW parts # 34116761244), while rear pads appear to be specific for Euro & US E36 models (part # 34216761239).
    You can find good pricing from Autohausaz.com and Tischer BMW parts, but I don't know about shipping overseas.

CRKrieger

The last generic auto parts store pads I bought were Advance Auto's 'Lifetime Warranty' pads for my Jeep. Turned out they were Performance Friction! Nice surprise. ;)

granthr

Bavarian Autosport, www.bavauto.com, can get Euro specific parts if you have the part numbers. Use www.realoem.com to get the p/n. I am sure they would ship to Europe

John in VA

The brake pads are not Euro-specific, and you can nearly always beat BavAuto's price. They have a nice catalog, but you pay for it with every purchase. Not trying to argue - just relating my 29 years of BMW parts buying experience.

DRP guest

Why not get EBC pads?