Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Still no Roundel Magazine

Discussion in 'Member Feedback' started by krisT, Jun 10, 2009.

eam3

Finally got my March issue yesterday.

tiFreak

got mine today

SchnuckiE30 guest

Got Mine Today

Whew, it was close - I was running out of reading material for dinnertime... and ya know how important that is :D

Looking forward to next months 5er report ... and some BMW victories in ALMS!

BMWCCA1

Mine finally arrived in Virginia March 22. That's too long.

At first I was encouraged by the somewhat prompt arrival of Roundel during the first couple of months of the Club's new printer's regime, but now the mag is arriving far later than it ever did under Publisher's Press.

Anyone else find it absurd that we have to address this issue in a forum for website feedback? Why isn't there a forum for general Club feedback? :confused:
    • Staff

executive director

Roundel Delivery

The March issue of Roundel left Brown Printing on February 25th and entered the co-mail stream. For those unfamiliar with the process co-mail means our publiction is joined with others and dropped at central postal points around the country. Doing so allows us to save on postage. This is the same process we used when we printed at Publishers Press.

Once Roundel is dropped to the Postal Service its destiny is somewhat in their hands. Under normal circumstances those living in major metropolitan areas receive their copy of the magazine first, because it drops closer to them. Those of us in more rural areas wait a little longer and those in the most rural areas generally will receive Roundel last.

Example: You all know I live in Greenville, SC. and while we like to think of it as a pretty happening town the closest Postal drop point is Columbia, SC. Roundel gets dropped shipped to Columbia where it awaits processing before it is shipped to Greenville and then to my local post office where it is processed once more before my local carrier brings it to my house. In most cases I receieve Roundel around the middle of the month.

I am well aware that in March a substantial number of members did not receive Roundel on the schedule they are accustomed too. The majority of those members live in the north east. March saw a string of severe storms sweep across the north east impacting delivery of the mail. Periodicals have lower priority than first class mail and anything that delays mail delivery will further delay a periodical.

Regarding the matter of feedback and this forum we have changed the sub title to simply read "Tell us what you think about your experience here at BMW CCA." That should enable anyone to post here who otherwise felt restrained by the previous sub title. However, judging by the ringing phones and my inbox I am certain that most members have discovered more direct ways of providing their feedback! :D

Now lets get out there and do what we do best...drive!

Frank

BMWCCA1

Except in the Forum index you left out the space in "BMW CCA", you maverick!

And it still says "here" which arguably implies only what happens on the website...

BMWCCA1

July 21st and my Roundel finally showed up!

Oh no, not another thread on this topic!

Haven't had this problem in a few months, not that I have much time to read any magazine these days, but I'd like to think I would have my Roundel in my mailbox before the 20th of the month!

Yeah, I know there's the on-line version, but I happen to prefer the "analog" version.

Any particular reason? Anyone else have the problem this month?
    • Staff

steven s

No problems that I know of. I'll drop one in the mail.

BMWCCA1

Steven's always the best! Though in this case he neglected to read my post title: :rolleyes:

So worst-case I have an extra Roundel to give away in my never-ending support of the Club and my recruitment efforts now at the dealership. It's all about the members! And I don't mean the membership numbers, I mean the members. ;)

-Phil Marx
    Founding Member, Blue Ridge BMW Chapter
    Lifetime BMW CCA member
    • Staff

steven s

You're right.
    I went right to the post.

I hear ya. I'm all for the members, although the membership keeps a roof over my head. :)

Rennsport1

I'm looking forward to my 1st issue arriving around the second week of September I guess.

R.S.
    Dallas,TX

BMWCCA1

My December 2010 Roundel arrived today. Yeah, I said December. :confused:

No, no sign of my January 2011 issue yet.

MGarrison

You better doublecheck if your postman drives a BMW! :eek:

eam3

As of yesterday I still have not gotten my January Roundel either.

floydarogers

Easy does it, guys. Mine came yesterday. Of course I live closer to Satch than you.

Pyewacket1

Maybe his mail carrier is just a slow reader...

eam3

Got mine today :)

BMWCCA1

The plastic bag was still sealed! And my January issue arrived today . . .

Satch SoSoCalifortified

the January issue

. . . mine arrived this week. . .

tiFreak

just got mine today