Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Aluminum Pedals AC Schnitzer vs BMW OEM

Discussion in 'DIY (Do-It-Yourself)' started by gsteiner, Mar 25, 2008.

gsteiner guest

Is there a significant difference between the AC Schnitzer aluminum pedal sets and the BMW OEM sets? $349 versus $85 (manual trans), not including dead pedal. (This is for a 2003 E46 M3.) Also: Easy to install?

snikwad guest

i have these, im not sure if they are OE, but i understand they are installed the same.
    I had to drill the clutch and brake, which are metal and the gas is plastic, but still required drilling.
    the hardest part was drilling the brake pedal as its not a flat surface. the 2nd hardest part was getting the holes perfect so the pedals would be straight.

M3Driver guest

What snikwad said....what helped me out is center punching the holes before drilling. Also I used the BMW OEM ones. AC Schnitzer stuff, while nice, is a bit too pricey for me. The OEM pedal set was very good.

snikwad guest

AC Schnitzer has some very sweet replicators out their tho. lol.

gsteiner guest

Thanks to both of you for the tips. The center punch is an excellent idea. I'm going for the OEM pedals.

gsteiner guest

By the way Snikwad, where did you get the pedals with the M logo on them?

snikwad guest

bought em from a guy on e46fanatics, that was parting out his ride. i havent seen them since. i had no idea they were that rare, when i said dibs. lol.

gsteiner guest

I ordered a set with the M logo from a Taiwanese dealer on ebay. Will let you know how things turn out. I tried to get them from a domestic source (forget which one) and they said they don't carry them because the logo quickly gets scratched and faded. I may just spray some urethane over the logos if they look vulnerable.

snikwad guest

yeah one strip on my clutch is already scratched.