Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

M3 Purchase - Where on East Coast or South

Discussion in 'E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008-2013)' started by LOPHAT2, May 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

LOPHAT2

Does anyone have recommendations for a reliable salesman? I'm researching pricing for a 2010 M3 E90, DCT Tranny, virtually fully loaded. I want the new Gray BMW is introducing on the 2010. I would consider a 2009 but it must have everything I want on it and be a great deal. Any who, I'm trying to get pricing so that I can pull the trigger for a special order 2010 when/after the assembly line starts rolling in Sept. I'm dealing with a BMW salesman, who shall remain nameless, in Maryland, and this guy is passive about responding.

I've had two dealers quote discount on an M3, special order, 3% off of the MSRP, is that reasonable? I should be able to negotiate 5%. All I want is a fair and reasonable price.

I reside in Northern Virginia and I'm ok traveling within a 500 mile or so radius.

Please advise

srobmw guest

You can still order new 2009's from the factory. I just did last week.

Here's my dealership in Harriman, NY.: http://www.orangecountybmw.com/

My sales guy Chris is also the business development manager:http://www.orangecountybmw.com/staf...ALT&iStaffID=2&CFID=28818154&CFTOKEN=40313596

Contact him if you'd like. It certainly wont do any harm.

mattm

Try Barbara Monick at BMW of Darien (Connecticut). Direct: 203-662-2040

Please mention my name. Her SO has a Z4M Coupe. She took care of an acquaintance who bought an '09 M3 (folding top).

BIMMIR guest

Frank Albert - BMW Stratham NH. 800-989-5200 / 866-415-9674.
    I've bought 2 cars from him, both great experiences.

m3mellett guest

did you ever get m3?

cant believe you havent already gotten one but let me know, have I got a story for you!

LOPHAT2

M3mellet...I have one on order. Would like to hear your story.

thedge9

new gray?

this wasnt your question but im wonderng about this new gray? does anyone know anythiing about it?

BMWCCA1

Since this thread got dredged up again, I'll take the opportunity to do some self-promotion:

Thanks to BMW CCA, I am back in the BMW business as a client advisor and Internet Sales Manager at BMW of Charlottesville in Virginia.

With over twenty-five years experience in BMW sales, having founded a BMWCCA chapter thirty-years ago, and with some fifteen or more years of service on the BMW CCA national board, I'm always happy to help out fellow members.

Call me anytime.

Phil Marx
    BMW CCA member #6021
    BMW of Charlottesville
    888-611-0998

thedge9

new gray

so what can you tell us about this new gray?

BMWCCA1

The first mention of that was in a post from May of 2009 so I suspect it'd be old news by now, even if we knew what the original poster was talking about. Perhaps it was Space Gray (A52) but that was available for 2009MY (and 2008, to, for that matter). In fact, the standard order-deck colors for the 2009 M3 are exactly the same as the 2011 specs are right now. Interior colors, too.

The original poster will have to tell us if he was talking about Individual colors or not. [IMG]

az3579

The only "new" gray is Space Gray, and it... is... gorgeous. (never thought I'd say that to a bland color like gray, but there ya go...)

srobmw guest

Hey, get back to the e30 section where you belong!:p

thedge9

BMWCCA1

"New" is certainly a relative term, since Space Gray has been available on the M3 since 2008. ;)

BMWCCA1

Any BMW Individual order is on a case-by-case basis. I was ordering Individual colors (really just stock colors not offered on a specific model) on the first year of the E36 M3. I even managed to get the OnBoard Computer for a customer (RIP Harmon) before they became an option on the E36 M3. It all depends on the mood at BMW, the willingness of your dealer to navigate the rather indirect route it takes to get it done, and your willingness to pay a non-refundable deposit well in advance. What BMW NA wants to prevent is a car coming in damaged in an special color, or a customer refusing a special order. A good relationship with a good dealer should let you know exactly what you can and can't get, though even non-standard colors seem to pose a problem for BMW NA.

I even had a customer who wanted beige seats in his E36 M3. BMW gave us a price for them...each! And that only included front seats. The back seats, door panels, and carpets would have been black! Not that's special. :)
    • Staff

steven s

I wholeheartedly agree. II wanted a 1998 318ti Sport in Dakar Yellow II.
    After numerous phone calls I was finally told it would be $1500 and no guarantee when it would be built. For $1500, I didn't want it that badly and looking back, I'm glad.

I also know someone who had M3 brakes installed at the factory in his 318ti.

az3579

Precisely. Hence the quotes. :)

So what Steve, I'm not exclusive enough to post in the E9x M3 section? Not cool. :p

srobmw guest

So sorry. A brief moment of elitism on my part. I'll try to keep in check in the future.

az3579

No, I just think it was you hatin' on the E30, and the fact that I have a higher blinker fluid capacity than you. :D

thedge9

Actually I thought that it was implying there might be different color coming for MY2010 other than Space gray. Its certainly a great color, but as I have posted in other threads, I prefered silver gray metallic, as it is slighly brighter. Seems to have more bunch.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.