Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

The BMW formely named xi

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Autohaus, May 27, 2009.

BIMMIR guest

You know, as in x drive???

OK there is that whole ground clearance thing...for that I'll resort to the big bad red ram. It may not have BMW x drive, but it does have a HEMI.

Autohaus guest

The Hemi formely known as being owned by Chrysler in the near future :confused:

BIMMIR guest

Yea, this week... :)

Autohaus guest

I wish BMW would have kept the Z4 the Z4 and not have changed it to sDrive30i/sDrive35i. The X6 is confusing. What is it? X6xDrive50i? Pretty soon BMW will do away with the manual gearbox. Then we will all be forced to purchase pre-owned.

az3579

Or... *gasp*

Buy Japanese.

Autohaus guest

Japenese cars are great cars, more reliable than German cars. However, Japanese cars are rather boring to drive. FWD is not for me. Now, they do make some great Japanese cars that have RWD (NSX, S2000, etc...).

I'm still looking for a eDrive28i badge for my E28 :rolleyes:

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Roundel style. . .

. . . is to avoid this idiocy. We usually say something about the Z4 sDrive35i and then explain that for the purpose of preserving the editor's sanity we'll just call it the Z435i, shall we?

Even M badges come right off. They can be used to identify restrooms by turning one of them over: //M and W\\. :eek:

When people ask why I took the badges off the roadster, I explain that the people who care about such things can tell what it is by the air dam and the quad exhausts, and I have no interest in impressing the world with my M-ness. That's also why the 325iX has no badge: But now that it has a good 350 horsepower, I may put the 318i badge I found at a swap meet on it.

granthr

I am going off topic guys! :eek:

Satch, if you read this thread again, how on earth do you keep from stripping the splines on the front drive shaft in your 325ix with 350 hp? These things strip with just 168 hp. What is the secret or do you just have a big supply of these weaklings?

TeamStowell We love driving!

az3579

What is this Patroon Chapter clubhouse that you speak of? You have intrigued me...

I was actually looking forward to putting a 330is badge on the back, but then Satch talked some sense into us... :(
    Would have been fun to see people scratch their heads for a couple of minutes looking at the badge... lol

MGarrison

Too much. Get a 316i badge instead. :p

Brian A

That's more power than a V8: you should consider a V9 badge.

Autohaus guest

No no, that will give it away. How about a V4 badge!