Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

No email notifications

Discussion in 'Member Feedback' started by conechaser, May 25, 2009.

bcweir

This thread was started May 27, 2009

I'd say the answer is "no."

jsunma

Not sure if this is a cause or an effect of the fact that this has got to be about the slowest moving car forum on the planet. Despite all of the members, all of the "viewers", and some quite decent thread starters, it seems that if there are 3 or 4 new posts a day this thing is positively hopping. Crazy inactive compared to other BMW boards. Which is a shame.

But perhaps if people actually could get notified of new posts/responses, they'd actually come back and look and there might be some semblance of life here. :confused:

bcweir

I wouldn't say this is the slowest FORUM on the planet

It depends on the thread. I don't know about anyone else, but I still live in a free country. If a thread doesn't interest me, I'm not going to participate. But if it does, I just might. Multiply that by thousands of users and you get the idea.

If a thread isn't moving, I'd say the problem lies with the OP for creating a thread that isn't generating a lot of interest. Most threads I read get several posts a day, with new ones created pretty frequently.

Would you want to be compelled to read a book you had no interest in? Would you then want to be compelled to write a report on that book? Same concept.

tiFreak

it said 84 new posts when I logged on today, seems pretty active

bcweir

Yes this board is pretty active.

This is certainly not a dead forum at all

Bimmer4Life guest

I don't consider it dead, and I am new here. I just signed up the other day but didn't get a confirmation email. Did anyone ever get one when they joined? Local dealer said I could show the email as proof so I could get my info into their computer.

Pyewacket1

Why not print out your User Profile page and take it for proof?

Bimmer4Life guest

I asked him if I could just show the email on my phone, he said yes. So I'm sure I can show that page, on my phone, to him and that should be alright. I won't know til Monday or Tuesday when I go to order a new key.

CSBM5

Steven,

It's been a few months, and of course it is obvious nobody is at home on this problem. Do you know who to contact that will fix the notification issue?

bcweir

The lack of response from the webmasters seems to be English for....

"..we really don't give a flying fig about whether or not you get email notifications."

Otherwise wouldn't they have done or said something about it?
    • Staff

steven s

I believe the problem started when the web server was moved from one location to another. We have looked into it a few times. Looked again at it today.

A new site is being developed and while it might not be noticeable, many improvements have been made to this one. But there is only so much that could be done.

That's just not true. Priorities shift and resources need to be spent where they are needed the most.

bcweir

This message thread was started May 25, 2009....

...how low on the totem pole can this fall, anyway?

I know there's a "we'll get around to it" mentality to things like this when more urgent matters are at hand, but come on! In a little over a month, this post will be 18 months OLD!

I know you guys are busy, but just give it to us straight. There's a difference between "we'll get around to it" and "it's a known issue we're not going to fix, now leave us alone."
    • Staff

steven s

/test /test /test
    • Staff

steven s

We made a change and someone in the office got an email notification but I didn't. :confused:

conechaser

I rec'd the notification email of this post.

CSBM5

I got one!!
    • Staff

steven s

Now don't forget to /unsubscribe. :)

bcweir

Hey it's working! I got TWO of them! Thank you!!!

Much appreciated! Wonderful! Thank you so much!