Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

What would be a fair amount to pay

Discussion in 'E36 M3 (1995-1999)' started by Tom R, May 19, 2009.

Tom R guest

A friend has a 95 yellow 5speed coupe. 10,500 miles. Yes, that is ten thousand miles.

Condition is in line with the miles. He is thinking of selling (since he uses it ohh sooo much), I am thinking of a new daily driver/DE car for the 6k a year i will put on it.

We work together, so neither wants to screw the other.

What is a fair number? what is the premium for the low miles but original tires, belts, hoses, etc?

Right now it is his car or a 95 with just under 200k miles that seems 'right'.

az3579

Wow!

I saw not too long ago a '95 M3 with 30k miles. It was advertised at about $16,000, and really was considering buying it, but realized that it wasn't worth it to me.

How much do you want this car? If it was me, I was in the market for an E36 M3, and I had the cash, I would offer him that $16k I think the 30k one wasn't worth. Sure, it's got 10k miles on it, but it's still used and might have other small problems that a used car might have being about 14 years old.

Or, if you're interested, there's someone on Bimmerforums selling a dark green E36 318i coupe with a Euro S50 swap! I think it's a 6-speed as well... for $12k.

suss1173

Keep in mide while the car has super low miles and is probably in impeccable condition , cars need fluids, belts, bushings, ect. over time regardless of mileage.