Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Squeaking Brakes/Rotors?

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by benarcher, May 13, 2009.

benarcher

I have an 07 335i, manual transmission with 11K miles. I am having an annoying problem with squeaky brakes rotors---but not when I'm pressing on the brake to stop. I am getting squeaking feedback once I start moving (foot off brake) up to about 25 miles per hour. The sound is consistent with the rotation of the tire---squeak squeak, squeak squeak, squeak squeak….

I don't know if it's my rotors, my calipers etc. My local dealership has looked at the brakes twice--and tell me they can't diagnose/fix anything. It is getting louder and more annoying as time goes on. It sounds like I'm driving a car with 150,000 miles….it seems too earlier to have such problems.

Any thoughts or suggestions for my dealer to consider?

scootdd guest

I had the exact same problem. I took it into the dealer 3 times and they said it was "normal" brake sounds. I finally had one of the techs drive with me and listen. It turned out to be a bad bearing in the wheel. It is much better now, but I do still get a little squeak. I am going to have them check the bearings again. I have a late model 335ic 07. It started to squeak at about 15,000 miles.

CRKrieger

My experience with this kind of sound is that it probably isn't brakes unless it's a warped rotor and glazed pads. I would consider a loose lug nut or a bent wheel or even a shifted tire belt. Imbalance in the wheel can cause enough stress to get the rotor to move and touch the pads. A loose wheel can cause the squeak on its own. As was already mentioned, it could be a wheel bearing.