Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Camden Yards

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Autohaus, May 10, 2009.

Autohaus guest

Better 1/2 and I took a trip to Baltimore on Saturday morning to catch the Yankees/Orioles game at beautiful Camden Yards. This ballpark, which opened up in 1991, set the stage for other teams to open up other newer ballparks. IMHO, I feel that this is still the best one. Pure beauty. Yankees were buried 12-5 but we still had fun.

Autohaus guest

More pics. The last two somehow got in ;)

Wanderlustbob guest

I've been to that ballpark and agree with you it is very nice. It felt like a little league park and what I mean by that is that even high in the stands you feel right on top of the action.

However, Fenway Park in Boston even felt closer to the action I was overwhelmed there when I had a chance to catch a game a few years ago. The green monster is awesome and the feel of the park is soooo close to the action of course I had paid for great seats.

Houston has a nice Park but afternoon games can get really hot in the First Base side stands as the sun goes down even with the roof closed. Otherwise it also feels close to the action.

Autohaus guest

Fenway Park is a great ballpark and this is coming from a Yankees fan!

drummerfc

Y'all would LOVE Citizens Bank Park in Philly (known as "The Bank"). Small park feel, great sight lines, and Ashburn Alley is a party. If you sit behind home plate, you get a great view of the Philadelphia skyline.

If you get there be sure to hit "Bull's BBQ" owned and operated by Greg Luzinski himself! Pulled pork sammies and big ole turkey legs...YUMMAY!

some pics: http://www.ballparks.com/baseball/national/phibpk/index.htm

az3579

Two things:

1) How dare you park like an idiot? Come on, two spots? :rolleyes:
    2) You skipped an Autocross for THAT? Sports fans, sheesh! :p

I'm sure you had a blast though. Must be nice to have a babysitter for the weekend!

lcjhnsn

Hey Uncle Botond, the wife and I need a babysitter for this weekend so we can do the Equinox Mountain Vermont trip.

You wanna come up to the other end of the State and spend the weekend with my kids?? :p

az3579

Got $$$ and perhaps keys to an M Roadster so I could.. uh, start it up so the battery doesn't go flat? :D

drummerfc

Wasn't ME! Those pics are courtesy of the person I RESCUED my E39 from. :D

Autocross....ZZZZZZ!! :cool:

What's nice is having kids in their teens who can fend for/take care of themselves (to an extent). Don't need no steenkin' babysitter!

az3579

lol, I wasn't talking to you!
    But now that you mention it, you have violated the parking code as well... :D

Autohaus guest

az3579

Autohaus guest

Hi hater :). B, it took me 4 hours to get from Upstate NY to Camden Yards. Whenever you get your S50 installed, you should do a rountrip time of at most 6 hours.

drummerfc

Baahhhh, parking code. Part of a "parking code" should be the right to slice the tires of someone who parks too close to your bimmer. ;)

Autohaus guest

Amen. This is the reason I park like this all the time when going shopping, eating out, etc...

drummerfc

I always try to find an end-spot near a curb or grassy "knoll", and get my car as close to the edge of said curb/knoll as possible. This way there'll be no moron banging my door on one side, and I'm hopefully far enough away from the moron on the other side!

That's the plan anyway...

az3579

Something I never though I'd do; I now actually park in the spaces nobody parks in (far away). Damn, now y'all got me in the loop too... :mad::p

Autohaus guest

You see :rolleyes:

drummerfc

Welcome to the "DARK SIDE"! :D

az3579

Hey, that doesn't mean I park like a jackarse though! Keep it inside the white lines, ya lazy bums. :p