Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Ofest registration question

Discussion in 'Oktoberfest 2009' started by Wanderlustbob, May 7, 2009.

Wanderlustbob guest

I am set to go to my first OFest. I have booked the hotel and put in for the vacation. I have not yet registered for the event yet.

I have looked at the 3 packages online and am trying to pick between M1 and M3.

M3 is called Track Package is that just a name or is it more focused on performance driving? With five full days of Driving School what is covered in that much time?

The additional fees area, can those items be added to the already existing packages or are those for people who do not get a package.

What events can I not drive in a convertible?
    • Staff

steven s

The track package is basically (5) 1 day schools.
    Peachtree Chapter will be running the school and handling student/instructor assignments.
    If you have the same instructor for multiple days, he/she will work with you each day since the instructor will already be familiar with your driving and settings new goals.

The track package includes the Friday evening dinner.
    You can add additional day passes for other evenings.

Convertibles may participate in all events except driving schools.
    BMW NA will be providing vehicles for the gymkhana.

Edit: You will not have time to do any other day events.

Wanderlustbob guest

So I think if I understand you correctly I can rule out package M3 since my convertible is my only car and it is not eligable to drive in a driving school.

Well that makes it an easy answer.
    • Staff

steven s

Sorry. That is correct.
    There is plenty of other things to do during Ofest.
    You could do the Car Control Clinic.

CRKrieger

Trust me, Bob; if you have never done a driving school, you would totally burn out on a week of track days, even if you had the car for it.

Do all the other stuff. I don't think there are any 'roof restrictions' in autocross and I know there are none in any other events. Go, schmooze, and meet folks. Plan on evenings at the social events and plenty of time in the bar (even if you're sipping a ginger ale - Satch will never notice your words don't slur). Get comfortable with Oktoberfest because I know you'll want to do more of them.

Finally, if you do want to do a single day driver school, ask around in your chapter. You might find someone willing to share a car in exchange for, say, a day of top-down driving in yours. ;)

Wanderlustbob guest

No reason to apologize it just made my decision easy. I'm all registered I did M2 and then added autoX for Thursday. The only odd thing is I did not see my 335i E93 in the classes but I registered with the 335i E92 hope that was correct.

Can I pick my car number for autoX for OFest and the other events?
    • Staff

steven s

We'll add the E93.

You can request a number but that is the number for all events except TSD rally.
    35 is long gone.

CRKrieger

No need to do that. Your O'Fest registration number will be your number for all events (unless an odd event decides you need a different one, in which case, they will provide them for, usually, your windshield). You will get stick-on numbers for your windows. Look through some of the pictures in the intro slideshow on this site and you'll see them.

If you do get around to picking your O'Fest number some day, it will be because you have incredible luck in hitting it in order ... or you have a friend on the inside. ;)

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Oh My God: You Registered As An E92?!

I'm afraid now we have to keep your money and bar you from the premises!

WHAH! Just kidding, of course. I'm not sure we were all aware that the new 3 Series comes in three numbers now. . . those mullets at Mini are doing the same thing: Apparently the R56 is a hardtop, but the new convertible is an R57. . .

These things drive me crazy.

By the way: The "old" Z4 roadster is an E85 (no, I don't know about the Z4 coupe). Now, the NEW Z4. . . is an E89! Do you suppose, as I theorize, that they started work on the aluminum hardtop about twenty minutes after they finished with the old one?

Anyway: You will have waaaaay to much fun at Oktoberfest, especially if you come with a bunch of Texas owlhoots known as the Road Monkeys. They gave me a vinyl corrective for my roundel that makes it into the Texas flag. Yeee-haaaawwww! And it doesn't matter that you can't run the driving schools in your drop-top, you'll find plenty to keep you busy.

Bimmerdan

Yep, he's going to be part of the tribe this year! Houston is going to be pretty well represented, we've already got about 20 members committed to go and there's still a few months left. This is going to be a road trip for the history books!! Or at least the law shool text books...
    • Staff

steven s

Committed is the opportune word. :D

03BeastCharmer

:D How many Texas flagged cars do you think we'll create this year :D

BTW, Satch you should know the "old" Z4 coupe is the E86. And I can't wait to compare it against the E89, not that my M Coupe is going anywhere.

kremington

Plant Tour

Hi,

After scanning the registrations fees, I'm not clear if there is a fee for the Spartanburg plant tour. If so what would the cost be? I'm actually going to be at Performance Driving School on the 30th and thought I'd sign my fiance (also a CCA member) up for a tour while I'm occupied. :eek: Thanx.
    • Staff

steven s

Back on topic. :)

The tour is free for members who are participating in the gymkhana, TSD Rally or lunch. The fee is for the optional bus from Lake Lanier for those who do not wish to drive or do the TSD Rally.

BMW will be providing vehicles for the gymkhana at the Performance Center.

Bimmerdan

Are you doing the one day M school? I'm signed up for it that day also!

kremington

Sure am! Just got confirmation this morning. :D

Bimmerdan

Back off topic :D

Excellent!! I was hoping there would be another CCA member or two attending the school. It just seemed like perfect timing. Everybody was going to be at the Performance Center that day anyway, just seemed right somehow to try out an M-School!

Looking forward to meeting you there!
    • Staff

steven s

Back on topic!
    The ///M school is Wednesday?

Bimmerdan

Well, it darn well better be!? I've gotten a confirmation back from the Performance Center and according to the schedule, it's full.

I'm hoping you guys didn't have other plans for the track...like the Gymkhana?
    • Staff

steven s

We are using the off road course. Hopefully you won't be using it. :)