Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

4 Cylinder When??

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by jlwsbw, May 6, 2009.

jlwsbw

I own my dream car, my other dream car would be the same model with a 4 cyl. I have google'd lots of interesting stories on this, anyone have any better info on a manual 3 series with a 4 banger?

John in VA

Your signature refers to an E46 and E90. Euro models came with 4 cylinders. What are you looking for?

mattm

I have a 1996 E36 318i with the BIG M44 motor. :) Made in North Carolina.

I believe! :D

ericsmc83 guest

jlwsbw

i wonder if there is a way to import an E91 from germany with a 4 cyl manual...

az3579

Sure there is, if you've got the cash. But, doing that would defeat the purpose of the 4-cyl; if you import, you'll spend many years recouping the cost advantage of using less fuel as opposed to just buying a 328i here and spending the very little bit more on gas. Importing costs thousands, if I'm correctly informed. Anyone have any input on this?

jlwsbw

thats not funny, i want my euro spec wagon!!! the sweetest thing about them is the lack of dashboard cupholders, really smoothes that dash out. seriously though, do you know of folks who have actually done this? i love my six cyl, but have grown a bit tired of the GM automatic.

az3579

I feel your pain. If there was a 4-cyl 123d available here, I would have bought one new, regardless of the weight of new car payments! I'm sure it would have been much cheaper than just getting a basic 328i, and seeing as how automatics are still an option here, that would have only helped the price issue...

geosar guest

The latest Motor Trend has a small blurb about the future cars up to 2014 by BMW. M series X5 and X6. A turbo M version of the 1 series etc.

az3579

They left out a few, based on your post... Where's the new 5- and 3-series'? They will be due around that time...