Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Bluetooth Issues for 2009 335i Coupe

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by krisT, Apr 15, 2009.

krisT guest

I have a blackberry storm and the phone works great with the car. However, when I receive an incoming call, only the phone number shows up on the screen. Is this how its supposed to be or can a name show up instead of the phone number?

In the phonebook in the car everything is last name, first name. Is there a way to change it so that it shows up exactly how it is on my phone (where it lists by first name)?

Are there a list of commands for the voice recognition? I tried to activate voice dialing by the name, but then the friendly lady's voice said cd unrecognizable (?) hah, I can voice dial by numbers, but not by the name. Any insight into this?

Thanks!!

Jonathan Spira guest

To dial by name in CIC and CCC equipped cars, you can say "dial Joe Smith" (of course, if the names appear as Smith, Joe you might have to say "Smith, Joe").

I did notice in the 730d that the names were last name, first name - never got around to investigating that one. Perhaps someone else will chime in.

az3579

That is most likely because the 730d is a Euro car, so the iDrive is programmed with European standards in mind. Over there, time is usually in the 24-hour format, names are last name first, and dates are either yy(yy).mm.dd or dd.mm.yy(yy).

Over here, names are usually firstname lastname, 12-hour format, with dates as mm.dd.yy(yy).

Jonathan Spira guest

No, that had nothing to do with it. It was mobile phone-specific.

And dates are virtually never yyyy.mm.dd in Europe.

az3579

It is in Hungary... :confused: