Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Mud flaps for my 09 328i?

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by Swooz, Apr 13, 2009.

Swooz

I searched the forums, but did not see any postings from folks regarding buying and installing mud flaps. I have an Alpine White sedan that gets absolutely filthy on the sides because BMW didn't install (decent) mud flaps.

Any place in the Baltimore area I can buy a set, or someplace on-line I can order some that look okay, fit well?

My 02 325i came flaps installed and it, too, was white. I have back problems so I can't be hand washing my ride every other day...

BIMMIR guest

Check the BMW accessories site. You can buy them there custom fit. I bought a car 2 weeks ago that looks lust like your sig. They were out of the flaps and had to order them. Next week they're going to install. I did wax the car well the day after I bought it, so at least the stuff just wipes off.

If you want something differnt, try autoanything.com

NASADeac

Swooz,

I bought a new 2008 328i in October. Shortly after I ordered the BMW mudflaps and had them installed by the dealer. Other than getting robbed, I am happy. They look nice, are functional, and appear to be quite durable. I typically own my autos for 10+ years. I think these flaps will be worth it.

Wanderlustbob guest

Do the mudflaps match the paint color? If not what color are they and how do they look? Can you post a pic?

WDW1Fanatic guest

OEM flaps are black -- rubber/plastic material, not like the rest of the body. Posted pics of my '09 E93 335i show them pretty well. Try this one http://bmwcca.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=1225&ppuser=84078 for starters.

BIMMIR guest

I have the same flaps on my ti silver 08 328 convertible. Yes, they are black, but they fit right and look good.
    Next week, the same flaps get installed on my AW 328 xi sedan.
    I saw a post a while ago, where someone painted the body side of the flaps the body color, and left the tire side black. (prior to installing) He had taped the transition, and it really looked pretty decent! I don't know how long it would last?

Wanderlustbob guest

I do know they make a huge difference. Ugh more money to put into this car. I keep adding things. First wheel locks, then the wind deflector, then tint, then the car alarm (still cant believe that doesnt come standard) now maybe mudflaps.

And then someone recently told me about Dinan for the 335.

az3579

THAT should take priority over the other stuff (with the exception of the alarm, wheel locks, and security features)!!