Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

What other forums are you guys in?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Solidjake, Apr 11, 2009.

Solidjake guest

I'm on e46fanatics and bimmerfest under the same user name. :)

Autohaus guest

You mean to tell me that other forums exist :confused:

Bimmerforums and MyE28

pseto

nccbmwcca.org, e90post.com, and bimmerforums.com

az3579

bimmerforums.com
    r3vlimited.com (strangely I can't post - account doesn't work and can only send PM's)
    Here, of course

All under the same username. I am only active on here and bimmerforums.

1996 328ti guest

catmundu

houston-bmwcca.com forum, bavarianspeed.com,and s14.net - those are the main dailies. :)

330indy1

bimmerfest
    bitog
    roadfly (e39, e46, e85)
    e46fans
    Klipsch

Oregon

Have tried the other forums, even moderated at 1ADDICTS, sadly, the wannabe gangsta'-posers, the inner-city bad-boy impostors put me off to the point I only choose to read this BMW CCA board. Thanks for being here.:)

Cody

330indy1

Bobistheoilguy.com has some knowledgeable people.

Regarding M cars...
    I learned a lot about Castrol TWS 10w-60 from Doug Hillary.
    • Technical Service Advisor

mooseheadm5

mye28.com
    m5board.com
    r3vlimited.com, but I don't help many people there, mostly just sell parts
    nakedgoldwings.com
    caferacer.net
    I don't bother with BF.c even though my brother is a sponsor
    Gave up on roadfly

And I am mooseheadm5 on all those. Good thing I'm keeping my M5, eh?

lcjhnsn

Bimmerforums Z3 board, New England & NY/NJ/CT regional, many kids, but it's about the most active BMW related forum going

Bimmerfest Z3/Z4 board, mostly Z4 folks, but worth checking out every now and again

Roadfly e36/7 board, I can't stand the format, but hey it's a Z3 roadster forum, so I gotta check it every once in a while

ZSCCA forum, roadster specific, but now pretty much dead

Autohaus guest

Bf.c has alot of kids on it. They suck the blood out of the BMW community :(

Solidjake guest

Bimmerfest is mature :)

ChrisV

Wow. I've been on dozens of furums for all kinds of cars since the mid '90s. Everything from VWVortex to Car & Driver, to bimmerboards (E38.org) and bimmerforums, to the H.A.M.B (for hot rodders). I was a moderator over at Supercars.net, but had been on there when it was Car Forums back in the '90s. I still occasionally check in with Roadfly, and AutomotiveForums.com, CarSpin, CornerCarvers, 7Post (and by extension, E90Post and 1Addicts due to the overlap in the general forums there), Grassroots Motorsports Magazine forums, V8RX7 Forum, Team FC3s, RX7Club, MiraFiori (Fiat page), DiscoWeb, RangeRovers.net, lextreme, the MegaSquirt EFI board, a couple Ford ones for the old Falcons and Mustangs, etc.

Now, I don't spend a lot of time on amy one board, with quite a bit of time between posts on most listed, But I have been to all the ones listed at least once in the last month...

:eek:

ChrisV

While they can be annoying, young owners are the lifeblood and future of any owners group.

CRKrieger

Well, as long as we can smack 'em into submission, anyway. Which, as you'll notice, we tend to do at MyE28.com. I also frequent BMW MOA Forums and IanHunter.com almost daily. Less frequently, there are a couple of UK-based BMW sites; one all BMW cars, one all BMW bikes and one dedicated to RS bikes.

I have been to bimmerforums and Roadfly in the past; used to use Roadfly a lot, but MyE28 killed the E28 section. Then, in the distant past, there was wild & woolly Usenet. Text-based newsgroups like alt.autos.bmw and a.a.audi, rec.autos.driving, rec.motorcycles, alt.fans.who, a.f.led-zeppelin, a.f.queen, and others. Effectively no moderation - and sometimes no manners - there. Now populated mostly by trolls who got tossed everywhere else and ran out of alternatives.

Autohaus guest

My wife hates it when I am on the forums for only minutes! I hear, "Come spend time with me"! How do your better 1/2's deal with it?

ChrisV

A half hour in the morning while she's getting ready for work can get a lot of forum reading/posting done, as well as breaks at work and lunchtime, and then any evening when my wife is doing her voice-over recording and editing.

GregS_WI guest

Roadfly

Funny you mention that one. I was pretty active in e39, starting up in e46 but then they started putting p*rn banner ads on the pages. Sorry...I'm outa here (I wasn't offended, but my office has a web filter/tracker, not worth the risk.)

Too bad, I learned a lot from those boards... (and I don't mean from those ads.)