Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Year One of the 1

Discussion in 'E81/E82/E87/E88 (2004-present)' started by zeelimit, Apr 10, 2009.

zeelimit

I just bought a slightly used 2008 128i. Love this car.

I read in BMW Mag that the 2008s came with a book to honor the first year of sale. I bought from a dealer and the original owner kept his copy. Anyone seen the book? is it worth trying to buy it. There must not be a large number of copies based on the low number sold in 2008. No one has a copy for sale on e-bay.

Bimmerdan

The book is really nice! Here's a link to some photos one of the guys took of his book when he got it. I have mine safely tucked away, in it's original box with all the bubble wrap so it doesn't get messed up. Each book is specifically tied to the car it was made for. They have a copy of the car's vin tag built into the inside front cover and a "certificate of authenticity" on the inside back cover (again, with the vin number that matches the car).

I'm surprised the original owner wouldn't have let the book go with the car? You should see if there's any way you can track the original owner down and try to get the book from them. The book is really cool but primarily because it matches the car?

http://s161.photobucket.com/albums/t238/Cvickers13/Year One of One Book/

h3ptels

Bimmerdan, Couldn't find the thread I started that was similar to zeelimit, but wanted to respond to the Year One of the 1 Book. I bought my 2008 135i NEW from a BMW Dealer and the car only had 300 miles on it. They had used it as a Display car for many things that go on around here in the Palm Springs area and would trickle charge the battery to keep it running. I recently stopped by and was able to get a significant discount. It was a Display car so it was fully loaded with every option but the Active Steering. I love this car and it brings back memories from 1974 when I purchased my first BMW, a 1974 2002tii. I am so happy to have a car that performs the way it does and gets me back and forth to work and any out of town visits when I travel by myself. Thanks for the info. I have called Customer Relations at BMW of North America and was assigned a Case Worker to handle my problem. The Palm Springs Dealer has been unable to locate the Book at their Dealership. I can only hope that I will be successful in getting a hold of the Book that is specific to my car.

h3ptels

It is my understanding that your local BMW Dealer does not give you the Book when you purchase the vehicle. BMW of North America sends you the book at a later date? Is that right?

John in VA

Click on your name at the upper left of the message box and you can choose to see your other posts.

h3ptels

I contacted BMW of North America Customer Relations regarding the Year One of the 1 Book and spoke with Blake. He assigned a case number and told me he would do some research on it and get back with me. Within about 10 days he had called me 3 times to update me on the progress and finally today he called and informed me they would be making up the Book (specifically to my 1 Series) and sending it out in 2 weeks. I was so happy to hear this news. If any of you need to get your Book that is specific for your 2008 1 Series car, I would suggest calling Blake at 800/831-1117 and speaking with him. Now that he is familiar with the Book, he shouldn't have much trouble getting one for you.

h3ptels

I received my "Year One of the 1" Book today in the mail by Federal Express. I was surprised that it didn't take very long. Blake at BMW of North America Customer Relations was so helpful in following through and calling me back to let me know I would receive it within 2 weeks and it arrived in less than 4 days! It is a great book and well made. It is really nice with the VIN specifically matching the car you own and the Certificate of Authenticity. I hope anyone who has not followed through with getting one for their 2008 1 Series will do so.