Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Dinan Free Flow Exhaust

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by cbrichards2004, Apr 7, 2009.

cbrichards2004 guest

I have a 2009 335I-X and just had a Stage 2 Dinan computer upgrade. The car is now 'stupid" fast and I am now considering going with the Dinan Free Flow exhaust. My question is, should I? Will it make the car run even better or is it a waste of money? Any other suggestions? Currently, I have about 3 inches of snow on the ground where I live and I'm not going anywhere right now. Just had the snow tires taken off and the summer tires put on. Too soon, I guess.

az3579

Ah, keyword Dinan. It's just an exhaust, and most likely won't be worth the money for that price. You have the stage 2 Dinan electronics upgrade so that should be pleeeeeeeenty of power. I don't think you'd notice much of a performance difference with that much power to be honest...

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Dinan exhaust

All the little elements of the Dinan stuff increase the horsepower a bit; I think they get about 398 with all the airboxes, exhaust, and electronic elves.

But that's not why you want the Dinan exhaust for the 335i: You want it because it SOUNDS WAY BITCHIN' (to use the scientific term). It's difficult to get good sound in a turbocharged car because the turbos swallow most of it, but Stevie D. came through for that one. (Also for my @#$! M roadster, but after prototyping it, he decided not to go into production! @#$$!! I mean, he'd have sold, what, maybe six exhausts?!)

By the way, when I marveled at the terrific sound of the new Z4, I mentioned that my M roadster was too quiet. "You're not revving it high enough," sniffed the German engineers.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

catmundu

i agree, it sounds mighty fine indeed (non-scientific term). :)

it truly bites. steve, mr dinan if u're nasty ;), came down to houston recently and the b/f was chock full of questions for him about the z4 and lack of products (m coupe owner). steve said there was no demand- they had received very few calls. who knew u had to call??!!! :eek: so buy up those springs on discount cuz that's all u're gettin'! :rolleyes:

pseto

i've heard the Dinan exhaust on a few 335s and didnt think the exhaust sounded that good. i thought it was actually quieter than stock and this is after riding around for a while under different conditions. i guess it all depends on what your opinion is on the sound.

i agree with above, probably not much of a performance improvement unless you change to a full exhaust and not just different mufflers.

cbrichards2004 guest

Thanks for the feedback. Will hold off for now...maybe.
    On another subject, what do you think of the K40 Caliber installed Radar protection system? Does it really work?