Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Windows with Key Fob

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by krisT, Apr 4, 2009.

krisT guest

I can press the unlock button on the key fob and that rolls the windows down and opens the sunroof. However, shouldn't you be able to roll them back up when you press the lock button? It didn't work! Is there a code that's needed for this?

Thanks!

eam3

As far as I know they only roll down/open sunroof. I'm assuming they disabled the roll up/close sunroof feature due to to lawsuit happy people.

I'm not sure if it works using the key (in the lock on the driver's door) or not. My old VW Corrado did have that feature.

drummerfc

In my E39 you press the unlock button to open all the windows and the sunroof. To CLOSE them all you insert the key in the door, turn right to lock, and hold it there...and they all close.

Not sure if you can use the lock button...tried it many times and I'm going to assume no since it doesn't work.

mlweaver

kris:
    There is no remote "all up" function on the E90/92 3 series.
    MW

hefewzn

If you have comfort access (not sure if it works on non-CA cars) you can also put your finger on the ridges on top of the door handle, near the key hole. Rest your finger there and it will lock the doors, fold the mirrors, rollup the windows and close the sunroof. I like it lot.