Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Won ebay auction at 60K for E90 M3, BMW of Lincoln refusing to honor

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mbotvinick, Mar 23, 2008.

mbotvinick guest

mjweimer

That is one amazing story.

The power of the information age should not be underestimated.

Calaway530I guest

Power to the people

Why I won't buy on EBAY :mad:

If we stick together we can solve problems :D

mbotvinick guest

update

If you have not seen the latest. The dealer has a new attorney and they are playing hard ball. I am really surprised that BMWNA has not gotten invloved at this point. Its all over the news and news channels.

morea3ic guest

Quite a story . . . .

2,800+ Replies
    1.15+ million Views

Wow!

Thanks for the link.

BMWCCA1

I guess some people don't understand there's a war on, a natural disaster has just killed tens of thousands of humans, and we're in an election year with a failing economy and rising prices for everything we use on a daily basis. I just can't find time to be sorry for some dude who got screwed on Ebay. That's not a very exclusive club.

Dr Obnxs guest

Check the dates...

it's not that new news....

And this is America... I was at the grocery story getting some milk... Two people in line behind me talking to each other, one just back from a trip abroad.....

"Let's see, what's new?...."

Then they proceeded to talk about "dancing with the stars"!

We're a perfect example of a society in decline... Most live above thier means, with more debt that wisdom. The issues of the current "debate" are, for the most part, ones that have little bearing on the actuall running of a functioning society.... More time is spent looking at crap on youtube than actually learning about anything.... The list is nearly endless.

Matt

007Z4 guest

I would--

Let me say this---Enjoy your new ride!!! They will loose, Just contact a lawyer in their town and go for the gusto$$ I m not sue happy, but this kind of BS is what gives all car dealers online bad press, I am sure E-bay would not like to hesr this!

Even better idea as a type this, Call your local TV station and give them the story:D

B-

BMWCCA1

A couple of points:

First, this is all old news

Second, it did not happen to anyone here and certainly not anyone posting in this thread

Third, car dealers don't need to go out of their way to get bad press. Their reputations usually precede them.

Fourth, what is there to sue for? The high-bidder lost nothing

Fifth, Ebay doesn't care. Ever. About you, me, or this guy. It's all about the fees.

Let's move on. Nothing here to look at, except 007's avatar. :rolleyes:

az3579

Oh, and Sixth - the guy got his car. End of story. :cool: