Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

wet floorboard driver side

Discussion in 'E39 (1997-2003)' started by 528iAT, Apr 2, 2009.

528iAT guest

I have a e39 528i T 2000 and I noticed wet carpet on the driver side floor board close to the dead pedal radiating outward and some times a very small hint of condensation on inside lower left of the windshield "driver side" is my windshield leaking?:confused:
    • Technical Service Advisor

mooseheadm5

Your windshield may be leaking, but it is more likely the vapor barrier in the door. This is a very common problem. To test this, open the door and spray or pour water down the window. Carefully inspect the bottom of the inner door panel to see if you see any water running between it and the door. I have had to reseal scads of these things.

528iAT guest

i can actually see small drips from under the driverside dash where the black obd plate is?
    • Technical Service Advisor

mooseheadm5

Then I think you may have a leaky windshield. Maybe a windshield place can help reseal it.

528iAT guest

well the verdict is in the sunroof drains all are ok, windscreen seal ok for now, leak found to be the forward luggage rack seal the bolt that holds it tight to the roof was stripped by the previous person that worked on the car woo hoo! ordered new rack and seals.