Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Floor Mat Recommendations

Discussion in 'E36 (1992-1999)' started by granthr, Mar 27, 2009.

?

What is your recommendation

Factory 10 vote(s) 55.6%
Coco Mats 3 vote(s) 16.7%
Bav Auto Berber Mats 2 vote(s) 11.1%
Bav Auto Ultimate Mats 3 vote(s) 16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.

granthr

This question is really for any BMW, but wasn't sure where to ask. SO, since winter is now over, I am ready to get my weather tech rubber mats out of my car for the summer. Great for winter, but I want a carpet mat for the summer.

What have people been happy with? I don't really like the factory mats because they don't seem to wear very well (the foam backing comes off). The factory mats also don't come close enough to the seat. So you end up getting dirt on the actual carpet of the car. I don't car about the factory attachments.

So I am looking for a durable mat that gives good floor coverage. I have coco mats in my one E30 and I love them in there. But I think they might not look quite right in my E36. Does anyone have coco mats in their E36?

Thanks for your opinions!

az3579

WTF is a coco mat? :confused:

granthr

Mats made out of coconut fibers. They are indestructable and were very popular with Porsche 356 and 2002 drivers in the 60s and 70s.

I love them, but I am not sure if they would look right in my E36.

These pictures are from www.bavauto.com

az3579

Melikes the black/gray and all-black ones from BavAuto.
    I'm looking to purchase floor mats as well (currently have none) so let me know how that turns out...

granthr

Well for an E30 I would suggest coco mats. I have the black/grey and they look fantastic! I have a black interior.

granthr

To keep this thread on track. Anyone out there using anything that bavauto sells or other companies? Again looking for durability and floor coverage. This is for my E36.

TeamStowell We love driving!

I have used Racemark International mats in other cars and have been very happy with them. I am in need of some new sets, and may try one of the high end sets from BavAuto due to having a sizable gift certificate with their name on it.

granthr

Thanks for your thoughts. Anyone else have an opinion on this? Not much action here.

M3Driver guest

I put a set of Bav Auto ultra mats (tan) in our '00 528i. Very durable and cleaned up rather easily as well. There were much better than the OEM ones that came with the car. The coverage was comparable with the OEM mats but they lacked velcro portion on the back to adhere them to the floor board. However they didn't slide around so that is a minor nit.

John in VA

I got the BavAuto Berber mats for the E46, and am just about to put them in, in place of the BMW rubber mats. Spring is almost here (snow flurries this past Tue AM!).
    The quality and color of the medium gray is nice.

granthr

Scott, John, and M3Driver thanks for your input. At this point I am leaning towards one of BavAutos offerings. I really like the way the Berber mats look and I am guessing there are very durable and easy to clean. I will let you know what I end up going with.

I'm putting in my order for the BavAuto Ultimate mats. They are $15 off this month, and the life time guarentee certainly is a plus. Any mats not in stock will take two to three weeks to get.

granthr

Scott:

Thanks for the notice on the discount. With the lifetime guarantee that might just seal the deal.

kkratoch

I have the BMW rubber ones - not the carpet ones that come with the car. I really like them.

The rubber mats are great for the 9 months of mud/snow/mud here in the northeast, but when our fourth season (construction) comes around in go the carpets.

granthr

Berber Mats

Well I decided to go with the Berber Mats from Bavarian Autosport. I could not be happier with my decision! :D They are of great quality and the floor coverage is much better than the factory mats. They extend further back than the factory ones. The factory mats left some of the carpet exposed near the leading edge of the front seat. My interior is black so matching the color was not an issue. I would recommend these mats to anyone! :D

trobana

Bought some from coco mats. com in South Carolina for a E30 the quality was worth every penny.

tiFreak

I noticed that too, I have the plush mats with the serge edging and the embroidered model number and they are much bigger than the original mats

EDIT: wow, I just realized how old this thread is

granthr

No problem! :D I still love the berber mats! I also run the coco mats in my E30s. They wear great too.

I am a bit of a floor mat junkie. I run all weather mats in my E36 and 325ix in winter. When you drive old cars it is important to keep the factory carpet protected and in good condition so it will last as long as possible!!! :D Nothing makes the inside of an old car look crappy like ruined carpet. :(

tiFreak

nice, I run these mats in my winter beater Subaru

[IMG]

some $5 floormats I bought from Wal*Mart when I was 15 for my first car, they've served me well over the years :D