Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Stupid Birds!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by drummerfc, Mar 24, 2009.

drummerfc

Ok...nice sunny Saturday afternoon in the N/E so I get the ride washed. It's lookin' fyyyyyyyne :) all day Sunday and Monday morn.

Monday afternoon I get ready to leave work for the day and what do I notice on the roof?? A nice little SPLAT courtesy of some stupid bird.

Sorry to all of you bird lovers out there but there are days I wish I rode around with a shotgun handy. Useless flying crap-machines!!

;)

az3579

Holllllaaaaa!!

I need to fabricate some kind of shotgun holder near the shift console so I could just whip it out if I see birds on the trees near where I would be parking...

M3Driver guest

I keep Meguiars Quik-Detailer and a few towels in the trunk for similar occasions. My friends call me anal; I call it being prepared......:D

Autohaus guest

Where is Sylvester the cat when you need him?

drummerfc

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-men brutha!

drummerfc

Just get some duct-tape...it works for everything :D !!

Brian A

Apparently if you treat the entire painted surface of the vehicle by aggressively scrubbing it with a piece of coarse steel wool, you will never care about bird poop again.

Brian A

... ummm, that was a joke.

drummerfc

If you have to explain it.........

:cool:

MGarrison

lol

unfortunately, bird poop can be a real problem if you've got a new car or new paint -

Friend of mine last year had a bird poop on his wife's brand new Mini; they got it cleaned off as soon as they found it, but it was too late, it left a slightly lifted paint spot that you wouldn't really notice in daylight, but you could feel it, and easily see it in low light conditions. No easy fix either, ideal fix would have meant repainting the whole roof.

drummerfc

Aye Carumba :eek: !!

I've heard that - and yet I see people riding around with their cars covered in bird excrement. Besides the gross factor...HELLO - paint damage?!?!?!?

330indy1

word

.... my pristine 330i ZSP Dinan3 got bombed by a squadron of birds last week.

I went out to the parking lot at the end of the work day, saw the devastation from 50 feet away and I screamed: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

White crusty blotches all over the car. Nasty nuclear waste bird poop. :eek:

Even with fresh Zymol Carbon on the car, it etched the surface... notably the hood was the damaged area, I think because the engine heat must have aggravated the acids or whatever. The roof and trunk had no permanent marks...

The solution was way more that a trip to the wand car wash... and a careful hand wash.
    It was in the garage at midnight with the Griots Orbital and machine polish #3.
    Happily it made the marks disappear. That thing was a really good investment.
    And the Zymol Carbon went back on of course. ;)

Oregon

Birds aren't so stupid, oh no. Years ago, a particular crow would lounge in a tree about 100 feet from my bedroom window, after waking me with it's incessant cawing, I subsequently launch a few 1/2-13 hex nuts at him, the damn thing retaliated by crapping on my Audi, now, let me be clear, I am not suggesting birds crapping on Audis should be discouraged.:p:D;)

Cody

MGarrison

lol!! :p good 1!

drummerfc

I should'a thought of that when I was driving that POS '98 Volvo C70 Convertible...egads!

:p

Wanderlustbob guest

Brian you reminded me of a story a friend of mine told me one weekend her ten year old daughter decided to wash her classis black Mercedes convertible for her mom to do something nice. She got together a bucket of soapy water and picked out what they used to wash dishes an SOS pad. She washed the entire car from bumper to bumper and then rinsed the car and ooohhhh the results.

My poor friend wanted to do lots of aweful things to her kid, at the same time, the poor child was trying to do something nice. It was a mix of emotions trying to decide to punish her or praise her for the thought. It was painfully funny too. How can you be mad at your child for such a nice attempt? Well only every time you look at your paint job. Talk about swirl marks. Ouch!!!! True story!!!

az3579

Hmm, if that child was mine, she'd be saving every penny from the moment she got a job to the cost of a full respray (as in FULL respray - thousands) until that cost was PAID OFF!

In a nice way of course. :D

Solidjake guest

I had nice 3 spots of crap left on my hood. Fun cleaning it up...

Brian A

Aaaak! We probably do the worst damage to our children by responding inappropriately to their good intentions. SOS pad on the car? Hooooboooy. What a tough "parenting moment". It reminds me of Bill Cosby's line, "I BROUGHT YOU INTO THIS WORLD AND I CAN TAKE YOU OUT AGAIN!!!!"