Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Replacement wheels or...

Discussion in 'E30 (1984-1993)' started by az3579, Mar 23, 2009.

az3579

Wow, that's not bad at all... too bad I found two possible replacement wheels to buy instead of a set. Are there pics of this set?

z31maniac guest

Do a search on R3V in the member's ride section for threads started by the user "nando" he's got a stroked M20 ix.

Pretty nice car.

az3579

I didn't see any FS thread for his wheels...

And it's not like it would matter because my account doesn't work. I can log in, send PM's, but I can't post because it's "awaiting activation". I never received the activation emails.

I really want that set now... :)

Autohaus guest

az3579

And those will end up selling for about a grand, minimum (with shipping). The shipping alone is $200 which is why buying mine from Germany was a mistake. 15 bids and still 4 days left? Come on dude, you didn't seriously think those will go for under $1000 total did you?

And even if they did, say $800, that's still a lot. Yes, perfect wheels, but holy cow!

z31maniac guest

I don't think he has a FS thread, but shoot him a PM.

I know he wants to sell them. I was considering buying them until I decided to go with the new TRM 15 x 8.

Autohaus guest

Just looking out for you, bro :rolleyes:. Maybe you will catch lightning in a bottle and your contract will get extended!

az3579

Right right... :rolleyes:

I think I'm going to give painting my rims a go. I'll do a test run on the messed up wheel and if I like the results, I'll take a day or two to paint my current ones... then they'll look brand new. :)

Still looking for a singular wheel though. Two, actually, one so I could give one back to Steve (thanks again!) and another for a spare.

Autohaus guest

az3579

lol

What part of:

Don't you understand? :rolleyes:

Autohaus guest

Brain, you would have 8 good wheels (1 would need to be returned). So with the 7 you have, you keep 5 (1 as a backup) and then you sell the other two on ebay/CL and get some of your money back. Other people in this mud bowl called Earth are in the same situation as you. They would give a rib to get a hand on these wheels.

az3579

Brain,
    Do you realize that I have no more than $30 in my account and that I cannot afford to buy a full set? I have a little bit saved up for the wheel, but not enough for a set, only one maybe two wheels at most. My next paycheck will set me straight but still wouldn't have enough left over for a full set! I just want to get Steve his set back ASAP so I don't feel like I have a debt to him, which I do (a wheel)...

Otherwise I would have bought the set. DUUURRR!! :p
    If I had some for a set, I'd get the Nogaro set. :D

Autohaus guest

Sell the S50 :D
    • Technical Service Advisor

mooseheadm5

Ouch. That's harsh.

Autohaus guest

lol. He would rather see the end of the world than selling that engine.

MGarrison

I wonder if the S50 is making a dent in his mattress. :p

az3579

lol

I plan on picking it up in a couple of weeks after I finish paying it off. Recent weeks have left very little money to work with and I'll be set straight for this week so I can save up for the rest starting next paycheck. I have a good feeling for being brought on board for the refresh program at work (another 18 month assignment) so if that comes through, project S50 will be once again underway.
    • Technical Service Advisor

mooseheadm5

I would think that if you get renewed that you should sit on that S50 and save money just in case things don't turn around with the economy very quickly.

az3579

The project can still go on while at the same time saving money. If this gets renewed, then once the credit card is paid off (pretty small limit, this will happen quickly) that money I put aside every week for credit card payments gets saved into the "what if" fund.

Naturally the S50 gets more savings but hey, at least I'm saving and getting what I want. :p

Autohaus guest

Botond and waiting don't belong in the same sentence. Heck, I can't wait until he does it so I can drive it and pull the Jedi mind trick on him:

Me: Botond, you will sell me your S50 E30 for $1500.
    B: Yes, I will sell you my S50 E30 for $1500.