Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

First post in E60 forum

Discussion in 'E60 (2004-2010)' started by Rudy, Feb 23, 2008.

Rudy guest

Sorry...I couldn't pass up the opportunity to put up the first post in this forum.

E60's rock! ;)

Rudy guest

You're absolutely right...now where on earth could we find some 'net content about the E60? ;) ;)

jesimmons guest

I'm rarin' to go... But my 1st BMW (a 535i) is 2 days from arrival in NY port. Will be delivered in less than 2 weeks. I'll have lots to talk about then.

Jonathan Spira guest

Rudy, how nice to see you here too.

Jonathan Spira guest

Gratuliere (this is a German car forum. Everyone must learn some German)

Rudy guest

Yeah, we seem to bump into each other a bunch these days now that you've gotten yourself a 5er... :cool:

jesimmons guest

Thanks for the congrats! It'll be even more appropriate after I pick up my new e60 on Saturday. I can't wait. :D

subarashi guest

Second Post In This Forum..

Greetings all my fellow E60 owners. My 545i serves me well despite 60K miles and continues to be the Ultimate Driving Machine...

Will try to get some more of our E60.Net forum members over here to partake and share their knowledge of this amazing machine with you...

Till then, Ride On.....

providenceleaf guest

Hello everyone. I own a 2005 530i.

I read about this club over at e60forums so I'm just stoppping in to say hi.:D

GregM535 guest

Hi all!

Just got my first BMW (535xi), joined the BMW CCA, and this is my first post. Would have been nice to have "the" first post as my first post but Rudy beat me to it ;)

wh1tby

2007 530i Owner and love it!

I have a 2007 530i which is equipped with the premium, sport, fold down rear seats, premium sound, ipod connection and comfort access. This car is amazing to drive and is the 6th 5 series I have owned. I opted for the 255 bhp six for fuel economy reasons and took delivery just before the 535i was announced. I was a little annoyed. My previous 5 was the 540i 6 speed which had a lot of torque and was a superb car to drive. I am not sure whether to keep this car or trade up. The handling and finish is very good and I have had no issues in 17,000 miles of driving. Average 25 mpg.

Only disappointments are the poor finish in the trunk area, slight hesitation when up shifting or down shifting at times, busy engine when pushed and the rear passenger room is not that good when I am in the drivers seat. Pluses are the seats are amazing (comfort seats), quiet ride and the handling is superb.

Like the 3 series but they are just too small for me, interested in what the X6 will cost.

330indy1

why don't you join the club?

it'll save you some $$$ down the road....

jesimmons guest

Finally picked up my e60 on Saturday. Been real busy at work, so the car still has under 100 miles on it. :(

I have spent a lot of time learning the iDrive. I like it.

Steptronic seems great - very quick and smooth shifting - both up and down. I was nervous about ordering it since I've always driven manuals. But at 56, my left knee isn't what it used to be. :eek:

Engine blows my mind. My Volvo had a 270 HP 5-cyl turbo, but it doesn't come close to the feel of the 300 HP twin turbo. Its the torque, I'm sure. I can't wait till the break-in is over and I can open it up a little more.

Handling is really fine - even without the sport package. I wanted a good blend of performance, ride, handling - and after the Volvo S70, the standard suspension in the BMW is just fine for me. :)

Logic-7 is much better system than I expected and sounds great with MP3 and WMA files encoded at 192 Kbps. Thumbs-up.

I spent a few nights before the car arrived ripping about 40 of my favorite CD's in Windows Media Player, and downloaded to a $29 8-Gig USB Flash Drive. It worked perfectly with the iPod/USB option. This may be my favorite feature on the car. :D

FM Radio and Sirius both sound great.

I like the Comfort Seats. Takes some time to get them adjusted perfectly, though. There are just too many ways to tweak them.

OK so thats my first impressions of the car. I'll add more after I put some more miles on it.

ExGMan

jes...that's got to be the perfect combination of exterior color and internal trim. Lucky guy!

jesimmons guest

Thanks. I certainly thought so. :)

Bigbadbull guest

N-Tag !

I have just received my 535i. It's been a while since I have owned a BMW (E30) , and I so happy to rejoin the family after a long line of other German cars (A4 b7, w192 Merc, VW R32).

For such a big car this thing is on rails, and My R32 is a tug boat compared to the 535 motor.
    I was getting close to 480miles/tank on the way back from Atlanta dealer the other night, so far I'm very impressed.

Oh yeah for got:
    Plat Grey Met
    Bamboo Anthracite wood
    Sport pkg
    Black Dakota leather
    Sport wheel
    Sport Auto
    Ipod/mp3
    Heated seats
    :cool:

jesimmons guest

Congrats!! I know how you feel. :D

kvaughn333 guest

Uber Wagons

Picked up my 08 535xi Touring 90 days and 6000 miles ago. Took it to its first track weekend a few weeks ago. One day was warm and sunny, the next freezing cold and wet. I was amazed by how well that 4200lb beast could dance around a road course with E36 M3s in all comditions. By the end of the first day she was humming. By Sunday afternoon singing load and clear. Very impressive. It did take a while to get the backend to hang out on the skidpad though :D

Oh---did I mention it is a 6-speed? MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!

Monaco Blue/Black Leather/Bamboo Anthracite
    Premium/Cold/Sport Packages, Nav, etc.
    I did get the standard tire option instead of RF since I knew I was replacing them with some Bridgestone Potenza RE960's as soon as I got it home.

Great commuting car that will car 8 mounted tires, tent, cooler, sleeping gear, etc. and go where ever you want!

330indy1

nice !

So I take it that it never went into 'limp mode' at the track? (from excess heat.) I have only heard of this on the 335i
    Did you push it pretty hard? I imagine you did to get the tail out...

kvaughn333 guest

When I first got there some of the folks were talking about the limp mode problems the 335 was having. Never had an issue at all. From what I understand and what we saw under the hood the 535 has much better cooling (especially oil cooling) than the 335.

First day had it in third at redline on the straights (110 MPH). From what folks were saying that would of definitely put the 335 into limp mode. Second day was more comfortable with the car so shifting more and was hitting 120-125 before heavy breaking into the turns.

Best thing is the exhaust is broken in nicely now. Very nice little snarl out the back!