Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

9th Annual Patroon Chapter Concours d'Elegance

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Region' started by TeamStowell, Mar 23, 2009.

Autohaus guest

Hopefully I can keep up too. Sorry, we don't have 300hp at our disposal like you :)

az3579

:(
    Y'all are mean...

Not like you would use that power if you had it. :rolleyes:

Autohaus guest

Keep thinking that :cool:.

lcjhnsn

OK, since there hasn't been much traffic on this thread in a while, I'm not going to feel too bad about hi-jacking it!! [IMG]

After everyone has gone to the effort to get their cars all detailed out for the Patroon show, it would just make sense for you all to come down to the Connecticut Valley Chapter "BringMoreWax" Show-n-Shine on Sunday of the following weekend!!

http://www.ctvalley.org/bringmorewax2009.html

Autohaus guest

Very possible I will attend this.

TeamStowell We love driving!

Bring more Wax

Send me the info and I will post it's own thread!

Or I could just hit the link you provided for those who are paying attention!

I'll get it posted later today... of to Herkimer to see mothers!

Register for the Patroon Event

We have a couple of weeks left until the Concours. Details for the event and the official registration form are posted at PatroonBMW.org. Get those cars ready and show them off!

lcjhnsn

The plan is to do a good exterior detail this weekend in preparation for the Patroon show the following weekend and the CVC show the weekend after that.

Autohaus guest

I did a intense detail on all 3 cars last weekend, however, only 1 car will be attending (E39). However, I'm debating if I should enter it as super clean or display only. Tough desicions :D. Lance, I bet your going for the 1st place highly modified trophy.

az3579

You owe me a detail! I'm still clueless. :confused:

lcjhnsn

I think they call it the "Tuner" category. But after reading the rules, I noticed they consider the Tuner category equivalent to the "Super Clean" category and I'm not sure I make it to that standard.

The time draws near

One week and counting!

If anyone is planning on going to the dinner, please try to confirm that with me at stowellbmw@aol.com so I can get a number to Skidmore's catering department. I will be contacting you with menu choices early this week. I can not explain the extreme quality of the dinner and appetizers you get for $25 each. I have been working college/schools food service for 27 years and I was blown away when we switched dinner venues three years ago and discovered this treasure.

Also, if you have not mailed in your registration yet, you can email me your intent and I will honor the $10 fee until the day of the event - pay me when you see me. It will be $15 if you wait until Saturday to register.

Long term weather outlook is for a beautiful day featuring rainbows and unicorns, so get off your butts and sign up!

srobmw guest

Just sent in my application. Count me in for dinner

Autohaus guest

B, I do owe you a detail, plus a passenger side fender! Scott, I just emailed you. Steve, see you at Dunkin Donuts 7am Saturday morning. Try to stay under 135mph as B and I won't be able to keep up with you :)

az3579

Make that 100. :(

;)

Autohaus guest

Lance, B is meeting me at my house and then we are meeting member srobmw for a 3 car caravan to the concours. It might be out of the way but it would be cool if you followed B to my house so we could have the four of us head up together.

lcjhnsn

I think that would take me a little further out of my way than I was planning. I'll be heading up I-91 to I-90, the Mass 'Pike and NY State Thruway to Keeler.

But thanks for the offer [IMG]

az3579

Bah, you suck.
    Though you would have gotten bored with our little caravan; we try to keep our caravans rated G since our little Bimmerforums fiasco. :p

Autohaus guest

A $150 fiasco. Scott, how long is the drive going to be?

lcjhnsn

I'm not too sure I know about the Bimmerforum fiasco, but, if you put it that way, maybe I'll think some more about hooking up with you guys.

I spent most of the day yesterday washing, claying, washing again, pre-wax cleaner'ing and waxing. Today I'll put down another coat of wax (or 2) and then work on removing the stray wax from the rubber & plastic trim and Armor All'ing the interior & tires.