Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

9th Annual Patroon Chapter Concours d'Elegance

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Region' started by TeamStowell, Mar 23, 2009.

TeamStowell We love driving!

Come one, come all to the 9th installment of the Patroon Chapter Concours d'Elegance to be held on Saturday June 6th 2009. This judged show and shine event has something for all past, present and future members. This years featured model is the E24 Six Series.

The lot opens at 9:00 at Keeler BMW in Latham NY. At 10:00, rags down is called and the judging begins. You can participate in clean, super clean, concours, tuner, display only or dirty dog categories. Throughout the morning, venders will offer information and products to assist us in our vehicles' upkeep.

After lunch the give aways/raffles are awarded, and then there will be a road ralley up into Saratoga County with runs for both those interested in a technical drive and another for more of a leisurly drive.

We will continue on to a fantastic reception and awards dinner at the beautiful Skidmore College Campus Center. The reception will be from 4:00 to 5:00 with dinner following.

Keep this date open! Web site and registration will follow soon.

az3579

Ah. Will this be later in the evening like last time? I don't really want to miss out on it but it's a 2.5 hour drive home and I get really bored and really ... dangerously... dopey on the drive home. :(

It was a fun day last year, I have to admit, though I don't stand a chance in that concours. lol

lcjhnsn

hmmm... sounds like fun.

But like Bontond says, it's a long drive home for us CT guys (especially the east enders like me). And, the Greenwich Euro Concours D'Elegance is the next day.

az3579

You going Lance?
    If so, you wanna try the Trail again? :)

Autohaus guest

Lucky for you Scotty!

Dirty Dog Award :cool:
    Wimps! Maybe I'll bring two cars this time.

az3579

So... is that a yes? :D

Autohaus guest

By then he will have his supercharger broken in and maybe by then you will have your S50 installed. Do I see a race?

Word has it that some of the NYC tuners may be showing up again this year, after missing last year's event. They need someone to give them a run for their money!

lcjhnsn

It's a definite maybe!!

az3579

Bah, you suck. It better happen or I'll hunt you down and steal your supercharger. :p

Autohaus guest

If I do get this M535i I will probably bring it along with wifey's xi.

We are looking at leaving Keeler earlier in the afternoon, so we may be moving the reception and dinner up a bit.

Autohaus guest

Maybe I'll convice my pops to come for this one.

Patroon Concours Update

You asked for it - you got it!

We will be leaving Keeler BMW at 2:00 with two rallies. One will be more technical in nature and the other taking a more relaxed route.

We will also be starting the reception at Skidmore College at 4:00 with dinner scheduled to start at 5:00.

We are still looking for anyone interested in assisting us with judging. We can only provide you with our undying love and a limited edition event judging shirt.

Autohaus guest

Two drives for the price of one? Can't wait!

az3579

Umm... would I qualify?
    I can be have either an OCD eye for detail or a more relaxed eye, depending on which glasses you want me to wear. :D

It's like the Matrix... you can choose either the red pill or the blue one. One takes you down the rabbit's hole while the other takes you along with Scott and his oil burning 635. We are passing on the Saratoga Auto Museum for more driving time and an earlier dinner.

It's like the Matrix... the steak is just ones and zeros and our perception becomes reality and this is not a good way to respond to you Botond. If you're OCD that day you will be assigned the concours. If you forget your glasses you get the other categories.

az3579

lol

I'm always OCD. And I only have one pair of glasses. :D
    The problem with me is that I take things a bit too far when it comes down to perfection (as in I notice everything). If I wasn't so lazy, my car would be flawless, but I'm such a lazy bum that that will never happen. Good thing though, because that means I'm not OCD enough to be a nutcase!

So, sign me up if you'll have me.

Autohaus guest

The 2nd movie was the best. 2 months away eh? Each day the sun stays out a bit longer and it gets warmer. Spring is in the air.