Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Bringing her back from the dead!

Discussion in 'E28 (1982-1988)' started by Autohaus, Mar 6, 2009.

• Technical Service Advisor

mooseheadm5

They look similar to all BBS basketweave wheels. They have a flat lip and are forged, unlike the E38 wheels, and the spokes go all the way to the rim, unlike the E38. THey kinda look more like Botond's euroweaves than the E38 wheels.

Autohaus guest

Will my fenders need to be rolled?

mooseheadm5

Maybe if you want to run 225s, depending solely on the tire. Some rub, some don't. 205s fit just fine on these rims and on your car with no mods. Did I already post this?
    http://www.scrappycrow.com/e28wheelstires/e28wheelstires.html
    And I don't need a US air dam, I already have three (one on each E28, and a spare,) but thank you. I just got a BBS air dam, and I have a euro rear bumper and Zender rear apron and side skirts, but no euro front bumper. I don't know if I am going to euro either E28, but I have almost all the parts to do it now.
    If you are genuinely interested in the M5 wheels (no center caps, btw, but they are the same as 14" E30 weaves,) I'll make you a great deal on the set of 4 or 5 cash or trades. I was going to respray them myself and bump up the price, but you can have B help you and save money.

Pics:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/26802916@N04/sets/72157617479047876/

az3579

I so want those 16" weaves. Why do all the good wheels have to be 5-lug??? :(

Autohaus guest

I may be interested. Want to do a partial trade on a 97-98 M52 manufold?

mooseheadm5

Ummm, not so much, no. Those are usually free to a good home due to all the OBD1 conversions.

az3579

Aww, that's an M52 mani? I thought it was M50...
    Is the S50/M50 manifold the same? If not, then I was going to grab it from ya Chris, but knowing it's M52... bah. Just give it away, nobody will pay for that. :p

mooseheadm5

M50 mani=S50 mani

az3579

:D :D :D: :D

Autohaus guest

Well Paul, something came up. As I was driving my E39 yesterday, the CEL came on and I was losing power. Turns out I need new coil packs and with labor it will run me 5 bills. So I cannot haz M5 wheels at the moment.

az3579

Dude, coil packs are easy to do. Just buy the coil packs and I'll put it in for ya. :)

Or, a better idea; USE THE FREE BENTLEY MANUAL THAT I GAVE YOU! :rolleyes:

mooseheadm5

Even you can replace a coil pack. You do not have to do all of them, only the offending one(s).

mooseheadm5

Pics of the Euro parts you got, plz. I am looking to pick up a Zender air dam and have a BBS air dam to trade since I already have the rest of a Zender kit.

Autohaus guest

I did not get them yet, however, I will probably get pics ASAP. I'm saving up for a FL vacation coming up in 3 weeks so I'll probably purchase them afterwards. The owner told me that they are mine and I could take them and pay him later but I want to stop by before I leave to check them out again and to take good quality pics.

mooseheadm5

Autohaus guest

Those are some pretty pics. I think the euro bumpers/aprons are Zender but I will find out.

mooseheadm5

I have this BBS air dam:
    [IMG]
    but it doesn't have oil cooler slots and the Zender does. I actually think I like the BBS more, but the M5 has an oil cooler.

Autohaus guest

Well I finally have a fuel tank on the way to my indy. A used cluster that I got from Bavarian Auto Recycling for my E39 was useless so I sent it back in exchange for a used tank with a 6 month warranty. Once installed I will make the E28 my DD for a while. My wife will continue to drive the xi and I'll drive the E39 on the weekends.

Autohaus guest

Fuel tank in my garage as we speak. Plan on getting it installed soon.........

Autohaus guest

Finally I have decided to drive her over to my indy shop and have the fuel tank installed tomorrow morning. Also, I picked up some sport seats in ok condition and rear seats in great condition for a great price (my car has torn up cloth seats). My mechanic has allowed me to use his garage space so I can install them this Saturday morning. B will probably help me out with them, although I think even I can replace the seats since they seem easier to do than installing the E39 sport seats.