Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

E34 wheels on E28?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Autohaus, Mar 2, 2009.

• Technical Service Advisor

mooseheadm5

yay. If you save me a bent rim for a spare, I'd appreciate it.

Autohaus guest

Why would I do that? I would send you a straight wheel buddy! If all four check out ok, I would keep 3 of them, use two of them for my car to replace my two bent ones and one for a spare and the 4th wheel will be shipped to your door.

mooseheadm5

I wouldn't take it. You need to keep spare straight wheels for yourself just in case something happens, so you won't be in this position again. I only want a spare for the M5 that will sit in the trunk collecting dust, so bent is fine so long as it holds air.

Autohaus guest

Well just as I was taking out the trash I looked at the two passenger side wheels that are bent. Believe it or not they aren't that badly bent as they are hardly noticeable. I am thinking that I should just get the tires and see how they handle at highway speeds. If I still get a vibration then I will get new wheels (two at least). A mye28.com member has these available and he contacted me (scroll down a bit to see):

http://www.mye28.com/viewtopic.php?t=60273

$250 shipped but he said he would probably refund me if the shipping is less than $100 from GA.

CRKrieger

Those ought to work. Might even fit with those tires on them. I'd definitely try mounting them before yanking the tires. A can or two of Wurth silver paint and a set of roundel centers and they'd probably look new again.

Autohaus guest

I am waiting on another craigslist seller to get back to me who lives in northern NJ for pics. He/she is asking $150 and the ad says they are multi/cross spokes from a 95 e34. I assume they are the wheels I want and not the dreaded bottlecaps.

Autohaus guest

I know that I probably have asked but what would be the correct tire size to put on E38 16 inch basketweaves on a E28? Will spacers be needed? I know the tire size for the E38 is 235/60/16. Would a 225/60 or 225/55/16 fit on the E28?

mooseheadm5

Autohaus guest

That was some great information!