Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Anyone going to Infineon/Sears Point next weekend?

Discussion in 'Driving Schools' started by 94is, Feb 27, 2009.

94is guest

Golden Gate Chapter is hosting an HPDE and Club Race School (sponsored by Bimmerworld), and I was wondering who all is going to attend? I was planning on taking the e36 to the club race school, but my car needed about $1,000 in parts and thus am unfortunately not able to bring that car. I am however considering driving up with a couple girlfriends to hang out and play cars, go for rides with instructors, etc.

Anyone? :D

missmelyssa guest

Weekend of March 7 and 8?
    Is it a 2 day event?

I was thinking of going to an event to just check it out and see what it's all about.

You going with the girls would be a fun girl's day event. Do your girlfriends drive too?

94is guest

Yeah, 2-day event March 7-8th. Both girls drive e36 328's (one auto sedan, one 5spd vert). One of them has been to the track a few times and loves it, the other absolutely loves to come to the track, get rides, etc, but doesn't want to drive herself. So yeah, they both love BMW's and driving. :) I'll let you know if we end up going, we could do a girls night out in Sonoma. :D

missmelyssa guest

Nice.
    Even nicer to know there are other gals out there that are into these cars and do track.
    I haven't tracked at all, I'm SUCH a newbie.
    I'll have to find out what time the event is on that weekend.
    I just bought tickets to bring my son to a Thomas the Train show that Saturday.

I've lived in the Bay all my life and have never been to Sears Point/Infineon.
    I guess it's time.

lambo4me guest

Hi, I am new to the BMW club (joined yesterday) and was going to go as a spectator. I have never been to Sears Point and I lived in Napa for 10 years now.

lambo4me guest

Can anyone confirm that it is OK to go as a spectator or are there restrictions?

Brian A

Try posting your questions on the JustRacing forum: http://www.justracing.com/ggc_bmw_cca/
    It tends to be the local forum for GGC events.

94is guest

You can go to watch. Infineon doesn't charge a gate fee, so its free. My friends and I are going to watch and it's not a problem (at least not to the person who organized the event).

thumper525

Everyone is welcome.
    As mentioned, there is no fee.
    You sign a waiver, get a wristband, and have fun.
    We (I am an instructor) are happy to give rides all day!

warning - it is addictive :)