Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Rate the avatar above you

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Autohaus, Feb 27, 2009.

Autohaus guest

I stole this from another forum (kill me later). Lets go!
    • Technical Service Advisor

mooseheadm5

I could swear some guy named Chris had that same avatar :)

I give it a 7

drummerfc

What the H-E-double-hockey-sticks IS that avatar anyway???

:D

You get a 8.5 (but I *still* wanna know what that is!)...
    • Technical Service Advisor

mooseheadm5

94is guest

Brian A

Although creates a touch of I-wish-I-could-swap-engines-like-Kim-can kinda envy, the Avatar's visual content is conducive to post-modern deconstructionism, with several layers of meaning and allows for both interpertation and speculation. Regarding the more direct content, the composition is expressive of the member, interests and capabilities. I would like to see a better use of texture and color in the Avatar. Likewise, some of the visual props in the background, such as the dumpster, seem ineffectual and undermine the primary message.

My rating: 10/10.

Autohaus guest

I see a E30 vert that could be as small as the Isetta. 8/10.

missmelyssa guest

Hi E39Chris. Oh I mean Autohaus.

I like the use of color in your avatar.
    Is this a raw photo, or did you play with the colors?

missmelyssa guest

Oops, I forgot to rate.

8/10 just because I wanna see more of the ride.

94is guest

Haha. :D

CRKrieger

Ahhh, lessee: needs a radiator, engine, and a front fascia, but looks like it has a nice beat; easy to dance to. Would be better in red or white or with Pete Townshend standing in there. I give it a 75.

az3579

It's a Bimmer... an E28 at that... on a track... in Alpineweiß...
    How could it I give it a bad score? :D

It's an action shot, and action shots always have their appeal. I'm not familiar with that track or the angle, but it looks like it's just off the apex, and I think an apex shot would have been a bit more dramatic. The body roll is noticeable, but not too much, giving the impression that an older 5er Bimmer has its comfortable qualities and can still take a corner just as good as any good sports car of the time. I like the meaning of the picture, even though it wasn't intended to have a meaning (other than good ol' fun), so I give it an 8/10. Don't worry, that's a great score from me; I'm a very tough critic!

That is actually a picture that I took for Chris. The sun was a bit past "down" and I took it while waiting for Chris to get his son from his father's place. It was cropped and resized, but otherwise unedited.

TeamStowell We love driving!

Angel eyes burning deeply into my soul making me do bad things with the contents of my savings accounts..... almost worse than the Hypno-Toad.

12 out of 10

missmelyssa guest

Nice.
    Well I like how the blue from the Roundel and on the badge on the grill stand out.

az3579

Eh? Doesn't your E39 make you do naughty things as well? :D

You're supposed to rate the person above you!
    In which case...

Ditched the E90 for the good ol' fashioned E30. I'm sure you can guess what my rating is... :cool:

granthr

Loves an old car, but likes to add a touch of modernization to it. Shows he respects and appreciates the past and all that came with it, but is not afraid to add improvements as technology and advancement allows! :D He also has a deep connection to the club and likes to display this out front to let others know! You never know when you will come across another club member.

I give this a 8.5/10. Like Botond I don't believe in grade inflation, so he should be happy with this score! :D

Autohaus guest

Don't listen to Botond! I took that pic in front of my od house when the sun was about to go down for the night. The pic made the car look blueish. I got that idea (pic) when I got a brochure for the E39 when it first came out.

Edirty M3 gets 10/10.

az3579

Nah dude, I clearly remember taking that picture. Don't take credit for my photography. :p

And since I took that picture at the right time of day, I give it a 10/10. :D

Okay, fine, 8.5/10.

Autohaus guest

You sure about that? You tend to forget things like your key for your wheel locks! You did take a similar pic but I don't have access to that pic. This pic is the one I took back in September. Besides, you suck the blood out of this forum. You and your billion posts :D. I would give you a 8 if your CCA logo was a bit higher, bro. 7.5/10

az3579

Tried to mount it higher recently but my Euro grilles prevent that, at least without making it look weird.

Strangely enough, the pic I took is exactly the same... :confused: