Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New member from North Carolina

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Silvertop, Feb 25, 2009.

Silvertop guest

I became a member a few months ago, and only two years ago bought my first BMW (Titanium silver 2004 325i CPO) after many, many years of wanting one. Love the car--and the club, particularly the magazine. Not long after buying the car, someone "keyed" the drivers door (long & deep). Have tried repair kits, but doesn't help. Body shop repair would involve painting the door. I'm afraid of poor color match. Question: should I risk bad match or leave alone? Can entire car be painted with good results? Not sure about the titanium color.

Silvertop

CSBM5

If you're in the Raleigh area, I would check out http://www.autopaintinaday.com/. I've heard great things about Lloyd and his shop and seen some of his work. Chances are he can fix it up very nicely.

Vmo guest

Welcome! at least you're an enthusiast who already has a car.... I've been searching for a little while for my first BMW. Until that great day I'll just be the guy that shows up to CCA meetings in everything else!

Silvertop guest

Thanks for the welcome. CSBM5, although I'm not near Raleigh (in Charlotte area), I checked out the website you offered. Their process for scratches sounds interesting; I might contact them. I appreciate the info.

Swooz

I scraped the driver's side of my Alpine white 02 325i last summer and needed body work. The shop my insurance agent recommended was incredible. I was extremely nervous about the paint color not matching (as you know even whites vary in shade), but they did a great job and I couldn't even tell where the damaged areas were. I guess the key is going to the right place.

missmelyssa guest

What model are you looking for?
    Where are you located?

Bimmerdan

If it did come down to having to repaint the door, any quality body shop will 'blend' the paint on the surrounding panels so that even if there was a minute color difference, it would be so gradual with the blend that it would be impossible to tell.

As Swooz mentioned, the key is finding the right shop!

Vmo guest

I'm in Raleigh, NC and I've been looking for an E36 M3. Most of the ones around here for sale have too many miles. I have a couple of promising leads but nothing solid...

Love the e30 in your sig BTW!
    Billy

missmelyssa guest

Low miles are hard to find, but your car is out there.
    Good luck.

Vmo guest

Well I consider "low" to be anything under 100K so it hasn't been that hard to find them, just not around here for some reason - we have great driving weather most of the time!

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Welcome to the funhouse!

Thanks for the comment about the magazine!

I agree with the others who reassured you that a good shop will fix the paint nicely. My spouse-that would be Party A, Ms. Kelly the K-had several places on her Avus Blue M3 that were repaired, but you couldn't tell except under interrogation lights. . . .

Now, the WOADSTR will have to have all the flames stripped off and redone, a chore I am NOT looking forward to. . .