Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New member - Typical 1st post: My new M3

Discussion in 'E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008-2013)' started by dizman, Feb 15, 2009.

dizman guest

Hello,

As the title says this is my typical 1st post as I'm a new member. I just got my first BMW and for me it was a given to join BMW CCA.

Long story short, I've always loved cars and I've always liked and respected BMW's. Then two years ago I heard about the Ultimate Test Drive event and decided to check it out. Well once I got about 5 ft in the 335i at the event I was instantly in love!

Since then I'd been planning to get a 335 of some sort and then fortune smile upon me as I recieved a 60% raise and promotion at work and then along came great deals on M3's and I figured I'd check it out and see if it was do-able for my finance. Well after 2 months of working with the salesman on the price I finally have an 08 E92 M3 in Interlagos Blue. Below are some pics taken locally day after I picked it up.

Let me know what you think!

BMWides110377 guest

Congrats! You will love your car!

Space Cowboy

Welcome to the M3 club! I can say without hesitation that my '08 M3 is the finest car I've ever owned, and one of the best I've ever driven.

Did you get 6MT or DCT?

Space Cowboy

Oh, one piece of advice - don't try to drive in snow with those tires :p

Swooz

Welcome to the club

Beautiful car! I'm waiting on my 328i to arrive in port tomorrow, then it ships to the dealer. I hope to drive it home on Saturday, weather permitting. :)

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Welcome to the CCA!

Oh, man, Interlagos Blue is @#$! GORGEOUS!

Hey, how do I go about getting a 60% raise?!

:D :D :D :D

az3579

Wow, you got another Bimmer? Thought you had enough... :cool:

Congrats on the new M3! If I were you, I'd stop making posts on the forum and get that break-in done ASAP... it'll be the one time you won't regret putting miles on your car. :D

dizman guest

It's a 6MT and I love it! It's quite different from the 2005 V6 Mustang 5MT I traded in. I would say the Mustang's clutch was like pushing a cinder block! Seriously it was a work out, and one I don't miss.

Don't worry I don't. I hope that I can make it thru the end of this season without getting winter tires as I found out the only winter tires you can get this late in the season are the really expensive ones that aren't that great and nobody wanted.

If it does snows I'll bum a ride to work, but hopefully it won't too much, then first thing next season I'll get a cheap set of 18" wheels and some nice winter/snow tires on those.

Oh she's already broken in, at least past the 1200 mile mark (up to 1700 miles now). She was new, but a demo and had 931 miles when I picked her up. In two weeks I've put 800 miles on her, though 400 of those miles was a 2 1/2 hr trip back to IL to show the parents & relatives :)

az3579

What I would give to hear that baby sing past 6k rpm again... heard it once while being taken for a ride by a dealer rep, but they broke my heart when they said I wasn't allowed to drive it because "I'm not old enough". Jeez.

Seriously though, enjoy your new M3!!

CRKrieger

The Bad News© is, you have to ask US.

There is no Good News© ... :p

mazing09m3 guest

I feel your excitement!

I have too been very fortunate lately, and am able to enjoy this very fine car. I ordered mine 4 mo. ago and took delivery at the performance center in S.C. on 2/20. What a great experience! I will definetly go back and do the 1 day "M" school. Will be a great way to learn all the adjustments, make mistakes, and eat up their tires before I take mine to the track.
    I got the DCT, it ROCKS!

BRDHNTR guest

Very nice car. In fact, it looks identical to my car.

BlueAngel M3 guest

Congrads! Great pics! :D