Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Anyone wanna let me borrow a S38/S14 valve adjustment tool

Discussion in 'DIY (Do-It-Yourself)' started by mooseheadm5, Feb 12, 2009.

• Technical Service Advisor

mooseheadm5

Technically this is not DIY, but DIFSE since I am doing the valve adjustment for someone else. My brother owns the tool but has a line of S14s waiting for valve adjustments at his shop so he won't let me borrow it. I have a friend that needs his adjusted, but don't really want to sink the money into the tool since I am probably letting my M5 go (which will kinda make my user name crappy, but oh well.) Anyone want to lend me the tool? It will be returned with beer tokens or drinks on me if you ever drop by my town (Charlottesville, VA.)

granthr

Paul, I don't have one. This is one job I let my independent mechanic do. Bavarian Specialties in King Of Prussia, PA. I do however do the valves on my M10 and fortunately (since everything is working correctly) I don't need to do the valves on my M52. :D

Mike at Bavarian Specialties certainly has one. I don't know if we would let you borrow it, but you could ask. He has raced an E28 M5 in the past. He still has it in his shop and I am guessing he will race it again at some point. His website is http://www.bavarianspecialties.com/home.shtml

CRKrieger

You mean the engine hoist so you can put in a new one? :D

mooseheadm5

eh? Nah. He has an M6 that he talked his way into getting as a company car back when it was almost new (so it cost him nothing!!!!) I like him but what a lucky SOB!

mac townsend guest

If I had one, it would be in FedEx by now. However I do not.

(assuming it ain't that little springy thing for the M20 valves<G>)

and I would like to know more about the 700...I remember those things when they were new!

Jeff Gomon South Central Region Vice President

I Have One !!!!!

Paul,
    You may have already done the adjustment, but I have the valve tappet depressor you are looking for. I bought it from the dealer for my S38 and it is the real BMW factory tool. If you should need it, let me know and i will ship it off to you.

Jeff Gomon

mooseheadm5

Thanks for the offer, but my brother finally let me borrow his and the job will be done tomorrow.