Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Just bought a Z4

Discussion in 'E85 Z4 (2002-2008)' started by mmfiel, Feb 12, 2009.

mmfiel guest

Hi,

Retired my 89 E30 (will be a weekend cruiser now) and bought a slightly used 2003, 2.5
    Z4, AWESOME CAR! but have a question for anyone who can help. Are the "side lights" (under the BMW Rondel) actually lights? It looks like the should be since there is yellow reflective material under the actual BMW logo...maybe it's just that, a reflector. But before I remove the inner wheel liner to look can someone tell me?

Thanks

granthr

Great car! Yes those are your turn signals. To make sure they are working just put your four way/hazard lights on and take a look. They should flash in connection with your front and rear turn signals.

mmfiel guest

ZR

hey grant,

Thanks, that will save me some work this weekend...going to pull the wheels anyway and paint (or cover) the calipers....appreciate it. Enjoy your weekend

Ron

granthr

Sounds like a great weekend project. I hope to get my cars all washed up. Last weekend I was in Vermont and my 328is got very dirty. I have not had time this week to wash it. So I hope the temps stay above freezing! :D

Here is a website you might helpful if you ever work on your cars, or even if you just what to purchase a part. It is www.realoem.com. Also here is the diagram of your side markers from the same website.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/partgrp.do?model=BT33&mospid=47798&hg=63&fg=10

mmfiel guest

Z4

I picked up my Z on Tuesday and yesterday drove it home with the top down (it was 70 here) got home (80 mile trip) and told my wife that my face hurt from smiling all the way home....what a great ride.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

What?!

You mean. . . you mean. . . there are times when the top is UP?!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

(PS: Anybody notice the results of top-down driving we ran in teh December issue?!)

zee4mike guest

Can't stand the top up anymore. Road trip vacation in 3 weeks from Chicago to Memphis, then south to Natchez and Vicksburg. My previous car BMW 330xi handled great in Chicago winters but the Z4 is inspiring, you'll love it.

330indy1

top up incentive= i do like the M sound system...

JackinMidtown guest

You'll love Natchez. I hope you are staying in one of the antebellum homes or the Eola Hotel. Let me know if you need any restaurant suggestions either there or in Memphis. I spend time in Natchez every month with my job.

zee4mike guest

Staying at the Monmouth Plantation in Natchez. I could use some suggestions on great places to eat in both places. Will be in Memphis once going and once returning. I hear Memphis has great BarBQue.

JackinMidtown guest

Great location in Natchez. My favorites down there are King's Tavern (one of the oldest buildings in Natchez and supposedly haunted)(known for its smoked meats, including prime rib); Pearl Street Pasta (very tasty Italian in a small, quaint downtown location); Fat Mama's Tamales (for tamales, duh); the Castle (upscale and probably the nicest restaurant in Natchez). For seafood (fried of course), either Cock of the Walk in Natchez or my favorite of The Sandbar across the river in Vidalia, Louisiana. I've never eaten at it, but a place called Mammy's Cupboard is supposed to be good - but undoubtedly the best spot for a kitsch photo. Here's a link: http://www.dixiedining.com/dixie/mississippi/mammyscupboard.htm

In Memphis, you've got the choice of any great city. But, if a fan of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives like I am, then I would suggest Bryant's BBQ (voted the best in Memphis) The Arcade or Bob's Barksdale Restaurant for breakfast; Memphis Pizza Cafe for the best thin crust pizza you will ever eat; the Rendezvous for BBQ in the city and Bozo's for a nice jaunt out of the city (Mason, TN)(Bozo's is the best pulled pork BBQ in Memphis); Dyer's for hamburgers deep fried in 90 year old grease; and Gus' Fried Chicken (either in downtown Memphis or the original in Mason across the street from Bozo's); and for "mom and pop" Italian, hit Dino's over by Rhodes College and order the stuffed shells with spinach and ricotta - mighty tasty! If you want to go eclectic with several restaurants clustered together, just ask somebody to point you to the Cooper Young district.

Finally, if all else fails, just jump in the Z4 and follow your nose with this guide: http://www.dixiedining.com. You are sure to find something good along the way.

mmfiel guest

Memphis Food

When you get to Memphis you HAVE to find "The Rendevouz" (sp) used to be call Charlie Vargos (off Beale Stree). The most amazing bbq ribs you will ever eat!

BimmerBrad

Just got back from our first major road trip in the Zed. Four days out to and around Charlottesville, Virginia. Great back country roads all the way to and from. Spotted three other Zeds visiting Montpelier on Saturday. Great drives everyday included with historic sight seeing, wineries and sleeping in a great little B&B (Silver Thatch Inn) in Charlottesville. Best damn sports car roads in the country right here in The Old Dominion (and the wineries ain't none too bad neither).

mmfiel guest

Cruising in Virginia

Yep, gotta agree, nothinig like cruisin' in the Old Dominion. I live in Fredericksburg and every weekend I can, I hunt up the old winding/twisty back countries roads....LOVE IT here.

BimmerBrad

I like the stripe. Very bold. Looks good in those Raider colors. ; )

mmfiel guest

I could trade you cars and put a gold stripe on it and then it would be in my Redskins colors....lol. It was actually my first attempt at painting and it really came out pretty well. And it the truth be told, my son-in-law (who paints cars for a living) did the lions share of the work...but it sure turns heads when I am on the road.

az3579

^^ Now you need some Z4M wheels. :D

BimmerBrad

Hummm. Interesting thought, considering I'm up here in Redskin's country.

mmfiel guest

Just bought Z4

If you want to get it painted let me know, Son-in-law does special rate...checked out your blog, good job. Left a comment and question as to whether you are going to join the Fredericksburg caravan to the Chapterfest next month.

Mien ~z ist Mien Schatz....

BimmerBrad

Thanks for the complement. I replied via the blog, but I don't know if you received it. I never did find out when the Chapterfest, although I've had some other "issues" to deal with of late and haven't had a lot of time for fun stuff.