Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Vintage Lunch in Albany NY 2/21

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Region' started by TeamStowell, Feb 10, 2009.

TeamStowell We love driving!

Are you going to be in the Albany NY area on Saturday 2/21?

Want to talk about old cars and old car events?

We are getting together at the Firkin Fox Pub at 112 Wolf Road in Colonie NY at 1:00 on February 21 for our first Vintage Lunch. Topics will include over the winter projects, upcoming vintage events including Vintage in the Vineyards and the Pittsburg Vintage Week, and chat about who works on Fritz next.

Boys and girls of all ages are invited!! :p

Autohaus guest

Scott, I think we'll attend this session. Its been a while since I have seen you and Bev. Maybe I'll drag Botond out along as well.

It will be great to see you! I can't recall if we have seen you since you have become an old married couple... do you look any different?

Autohaus guest

I think the last time you saw us was in Fishkill just before we got hitched :cool:. We have aged 10 years since :(. Think we can get a mini drive going on too?

az3579

Make it a moderate to long drive and then I'll go. Otherwise, 2.5 hrs + of driving just to meet at a pub isn't exactly what I'd call worth it. lol
    Keep in mind, that's 2.5 hrs of highway driving, the most boring kind. Gimme some twisties and I'll be glad to join ya!

How 'bout you buy me a drink as a belated birthday gift (this Friday), eh? :D
    (This last one is optional, but the drive is MANDATORY!)

Autohaus guest

Shut up, your coming along :)

Autohaus guest

Scott, is this still on for this Saturday?

az3579

Of course it is. Haven't you been flooded with the reminder emails? :rolleyes:

Yes sir.... and I have not lined up any after-meeting driving activity yet. There are some who are going over to Keeler BMW to check out there indoor "sidewalk sale" which is going on. TeamStowell may head over to Cap Cities BMW to look at (just looking!) an '06 550i sport.

If a bunch of folks want to head up into the hills, we may be able to arrange something, although if I were you I would take advantage of a nice return trip down the Taconic. I love that drive.

We may have a local gentleman coming who owns both a 79 320 and 86 528e he has just put up for sale. You have to love his and hers original owner vehicles!!

Autohaus guest

Rally drive to a bmw dealership would be nice. Hmmm, E39 or E46 for the trip? Don't ask about the E28. She isn't long distance ready :(

az3579

Now I'm really annoyed. Don't start lining up drives now that I can't participate! lol
    You've had all this time and now you start doing it! :(

Hope I could this this darned thing fixed by tomorrow morning...

Autohaus guest

They should be able to fix it.

az3579

They will fix it this morning by about 10, but I think I would be really late to this event. It's about a 2.5 hour drive for me, and I have an appointment in Beacon...

How long is this event going to last?

Patroon Heros

Thanks to those who attended our Vintage lunch. We had some old friends, a young couple who are not associated with us yet but will be soon, and a special thank you to AZ3579 and Autohaus and family. Driving several hours to share a meal and conversation is the true measure of a seriously devoted Patroonie. Now if we can just get rid of this pesky snow and salt.....

az3579

It actually made my day. My weekends are otherwise very boring and I figure driving a few hours to see people I haven't seen in a long while is worth it. And watching Bev leave a trail of chocolate from the table to the bathroom was priceless. :D

Autohaus guest

We need to do this again soon but with a nice long drive :). Scott, you should have pulled out all the stops for that E60 M5 and Botond finally confessed that he would settle down for a 335i Steptronic :cool:

az3579

No. I would take an E46 ZHP 6-speed over a 335i Steptronic, actually.
    Automatics are the devil.

The second I decide that I could *possibly* live with an automatic, I quickly revert to my manual ways. If I had to spend money on it and had a choice between a less powerful but manual car over a faster yet automatic one, I would buy the slower manual car.

Of course if it was given to me for free..............................................

(I would sell it and buy a manual one of the same car!)