Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Best E30 Summer tires?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by t mead, Feb 5, 2009.

t mead guest

Any thoughts on the preferred tire for an 88 325ic with stock 14" bottlecaps? Summer, performance, with good rain characteristics. Thanks!

MGarrison

ah sheesh - the Tire Rack shows only 3 tire choices for 195/65-14. Check out tirerack.com, search tires for your car or size, read the reviews, and see if any of that helps you decide.

Brian A

Wow! Where'd they all go???!!??!! Up to a couple of months ago, Tire Rack listed at least 8 tires in 195/65R14.

An alternative size for 14" bottle caps is 205/60R14. That turns up another 4 options at Tire Rack: still not a whole lot.

"Noise" rating is more of an issue too for convertibles. Tire Rack lists ratings for that on all tires.

JackinMidtown guest

John in VA

Tire Rack shows 19 total choices in the 195/60-14 size that I've been running on my '85 325e since new.
    Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position or Yokohama AVS ES100 would be the best choices, IMHO.

CRKrieger

Depending on price

If you want to spend a lot, buy the Yokos. I never met a Yokohama I didn't like.

If you want to spend a little, buy either of the Sumitomos. Both are good values for the money.

Personally, I'd probably go for the 205 size.

mrl325i

I retired my bottlecaps and bought a set of 15" Ronal LS wheels shod in Kumho ASX tires. Rides great.